GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MKVII to have 260bhp!

C4L

Banned
Not anymore! Audi has decided Americans don't want hatches/wagons :cry:

We are getting the new Passat Alltrack...

And they have expressed interest in keeping the JSW. That's more than most other brands hatch/wagon offerings these days. A JSW GLI would seem like an easy thing for VW to do actually...:confused:

And with Audi they are replacing the A4 Avant with the Allroad. And we SHOULD still get a 5-Door A3 in addition to the Sedan.

Its not VW/Audi that has decided that Americans don't want hatches/wagons, its Americans telling Audi they don't want them.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
We are getting the new Passat Alltrack...

And they have expressed interest in keeping the JSW. That's more than most other brands hatch/wagon offerings these days. A JSW GLI would seem like an easy thing for VW to do actually...:confused:

And with Audi they are replacing the A4 Avant with the Allroad. And we SHOULD still get a 5-Door A3 in addition to the Sedan.

Its not VW/Audi that has decided that Americans don't want hatches/wagons, its Americans telling Audi they don't want them.

I'm looking for an upgrade to the GTI/Golf R out of Audi, not some big slow thing looking to take a chunk of the "crossover" market. If they're going to make a huge wagon it has to compare to the CTS-V Wagon for me to consider it.

And last I read there were absolutely zero plans of giving us even the lowly A3 hatch - North America = sedan only.

C4L

Banned
I'm looking for an upgrade to the GTI/Golf R out of Audi, not some big slow thing looking to take a chunk of the "crossover" market. If they're going to make a huge wagon it has to compare to the CTS-V Wagon for me to consider it.

And last I read there were absolutely zero plans of giving us even the lowly A3 hatch - North America = sedan only.

A3 hatch in Euro-speak refers to the 3-door variant.

And Audi HAS cars like that in Europe. S4 Avant, RS4 Avant, S6 Avant, RS6 Avant, S3 3/5-Door, RS3 3/5-Door.
Its not Audis fault that not enough people here would likely buy any of those.

I would buy THIS (though I am poor:()

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I find it easier to blame Audi than to blame the entire USA. There's the 'Of course no one buys them, you don't even offer the good ones for sale' argument. Though I guess the federal government is pretty easy to blame too, the fact that an RS3 is illegal here but a rusted out '71 Pinto held together with duct tape is perfectly legal is completely asinine.

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion

QFT.

I had an A6-based allroad 2.7TT and loved it because it was this big fast (after a tune) barge that could drive through anything. It was a great car for people who wanted a very specific thing, and it appealed to only a few markets here. The new allroad seems to be a bit too small to compete with an Edge or Vagenza or whatever, if that's their goal.

We're a fat country, and my Edge made me feel like one of the chair people in Wall-E. People here like that for some reason.

The new allroad is in a weird place between the bimmer 3__xi and the Legacy/Outback in that it will have German build quality and expense and outside aesthetics like a Subie. I think they're shaping up for a small piece of a small pie here, but I like that they're trying.

However, if by miracle they offer an allroad R (Rallroad?) with the supercharged 3.0, I'd buy the first one off the boat.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
RS4

Starts at 76,600 Euro

C4L

Banned
RS4

Starts at 76,600 Euro

It is expensive but it is typically an appx. 1:1 ratio (sometimes less) when pricing cars between the two currencies (GBP too).

Example;
Euro GTI - From 25,650 GBP (U.K)
Euro GTI - From 27,700 Euro (Germany)
US GTI - From $23,995 USD (U.S)

And ours even has more standard (not available) equipment.

That means the USD pricing for the GTI is 0.93:1 to the GBP pricing and or 0.86:1 to the Euro pricing. Currently the GBP is trading at 1.55:1 and the Euro at 1.25:1.

SEE...

The RS5 is said to list from $70k-$75k or so. The RS4 would be LESS than that if it were for sale here. The B7 RS4 was priced from $66,910 in its last year for sale in the US (2008).

My general rule of thumb, since I have done these pricing comparisons MANY times before is that the USD price would be about the same as the Euro or GBP price.

If the B8 RS4 Avant is to be priced from 76,600 Euros, it would be no more than $76,600 USD (not $96,500 which would be the direct currency conversion amount).

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
This thread totally blows now.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
What else is there to discuss.

The MKVII is now rumored to have 260hp.

DONE.

NOW, since the MKVII is a future VAG product it spurred us to talk about other future VAG products...

The post in a thread about 'Future VAG products" not "GTI MK7 to have 260hp!" Cant tell you how many times i've seen your posts verbally throw up useless discussion in the general forum of the section that hardly pertains to the topic.

Do you even work for the Automotive industry?