GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Goodz GTI Build.

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
I am having the most difficult time with re-doing the front of the car, between the grill, keeping the emblem(then having to fill the hood) haven't quite made up my mind on that aspect yet.

Some people really like the hood notch...personally, I think it's one of the best things about the front of the car. I'd keep it and go with either Jetta grilles, or R-Line....

But, it IS your car haha

Goodz

Ready to race!
I do like the hood notch it is a very interesting choice from VW the stock grill(slightly faded for me) and the emblem though(I feel is entirely way too big) - "that's what she said" yeah yeah just isn't cutting it for me.

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
I do like the hood notch it is a very interesting choice from VW the stock grill(slightly faded for me) and the emblem though(I feel is entirely way too big) - "that's what she said" yeah yeah just isn't cutting it for me.

Two suggestions for that: a product called "Back to Black", or Plasti-Dip. It's almost an identical match to the OEM color and texture for the grilles.

and I may eat my words on this, but most of us are not going to make "TWSS" jokes around here...it's been a long time since I've seen one haha....don't worry, most of us are mature....(except shortwagen a.k.a. goneD4rk.)

:thumbsup:

Goodz

Ready to race!
Two suggestions for that: a product called "Back to Black", or Plasti-Dip. It's almost an identical match to the OEM color and texture for the grilles.

and I may eat my words on this, but most of us are not going to make "TWSS" jokes around here...it's been a long time since I've seen one haha....don't worry, most of us are mature....(except shortwagen a.k.a. goneD4rk.)

:lol: always in good fun. Had I seen that, I would have been the first to say it.

Was thinking of plasti dip for the grill and then Im gonna do a little custom work on the badge if anything( front and rear)

Paint the inlay tornado red with the embossed VW in black.

Goodz

Ready to race!
If you couldn't tell by now the entire car is gonna be bright reds (tornado red) with deep blacks.

Goodz

Ready to race!
So the other day i had a CEL brought it into the shop and was running on 3 cylinders for a couple days :mad:

So today I got some R8 coils, new plugs, and replaced the cam follower.

Nothing like peace of mind.

So next up on the list NSP matching indigo boost gauge and H&R springs in 2 weeks.:thumbsup:

(can't decide between Super sports or just sport springs)

Goodz

Ready to race!
Now that I am really looking into it..... Should I just wait and go for coils?

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
My attitude is always do it once and do it right, but what's right is different for everyone.

What do you want to do with your car? Road driving, slam it, or performance driving?

The advantage of coilovers is adjustable ride height and if you go more expensive adjustable compression and/or rebound. That way you can dial in exactly the ride height you need or make it stiffer if you ever plan to do autocross or track days.

For a daily that just gets driven fast sometimes springs are good enough.

You can slam it on coilovers obviously but IMO that's what bags are for.

Goodz

Ready to race!
My attitude is always do it once and do it right, but what's right is different for everyone.

What do you want to do with your car? Road driving, slam it, or performance driving?

The advantage of coilovers is adjustable ride height and if you go more expensive adjustable compression and/or rebound. That way you can dial in exactly the ride height you need or make it stiffer if you ever plan to do autocross or track days.

For a daily that just gets driven fast sometimes springs are good enough.

You can slam it on coilovers obviously but IMO that's what bags are for.

I am not a fan of the silly slammed look, I am looking for performance, it is my daily and will see some track days.... I am sort of at a loss just not sure which route to go. I could not agree more "do it right the first time" that is why it's a tough decision.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
If you're going to do some track days I think you should consider coilovers. You can run a decent ride height on the road and turn them down for the track. If you go with adjustable damping you can run comfort on the street and stiffer on track.

The negative is obviously cost. IMO a good set of height adjustable coilovers would be $1000-$1250, $2000-$3000 for something with more adjustability. If you're keeping your car for a long time that's easier to justify than if you're only planning to drive it for a few years.

Might be a good idea to find some locals running springs and coilovers and offer some gas money in exchange for a ride over the kinds of roads you'd drive on to help you decide.

Goodz

Ready to race!
If you're going to do some track days I think you should consider coilovers. You can run a decent ride height on the road and turn them down for the track. If you go with adjustable damping you can run comfort on the street and stiffer on track.

The negative is obviously cost. IMO a good set of height adjustable coilovers would be $1000-$1250, $2000-$3000 for something with more adjustability. If you're keeping your car for a long time that's easier to justify than if you're only planning to drive it for a few years.

Might be a good idea to find some locals running springs and coilovers and offer some gas money in exchange for a ride over the kinds of roads you'd drive on to help you decide.

I like the way you think.

Goodz

Ready to race!
So as I suspected, I have a bad DV I got my nuespeed intake installed today and you can hear the boost leak sounds like a dog whistle or something when it hits about 10 lbs. So in 2 weeks I'll be getting to DV+ from gfb

Goodz

Ready to race!
Been a while been slammed with work lately just ordered my springs last night

Had my DV replaced with the Rev D a couple of weeks ago

Super sports should hopefully be here by the end of the week can't wait to get get rid of the 4x4 mode. Can't decide what is next wheels/tires or DP and stage 2.