GOLFMKV

Golf GTI V50 - VW Warranty Why nots US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA MKV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 Volkswagen GTI
So does this mean that maybe eventually we will be able to Stage I upgrade our ECU through APR and not void any warrenties through Volkswagen dealers??

Chris@RT

Banned
Since not everyone is being honest here lets clear the air (again)

VW of Singapore is not VW, they are an importer of VW parts and vehicles and basically have exclusive rights to do so in Singapore. This is how it is done around the globe in smaller regions. Think of each importer like a dealer with multiple locations.

What does this mean? Well that means while VW may know about this VW themselves is not authorizing this. We have been doing this for 5 years now in various countries around the world through the official importers of Seat. In 04 Seat of Greece released a special model that had our software in it. Seat of UK gives their reps Revo flashed cars that have our colors and a Revo badge on the back, which they then sell with a warranty. The official importers of Seat in places are actual Revo dealers, one has the rights to parts for an entire continent...

None of this is new, none of this is exclusive to one company like they may have you believe. But VW in the US is VW, they are not a privately held importer that can make their own rules like the others can.

Keith@APR

Banned
Since not everyone is being honest

yeah, I noticed you started posting again.

VW of Singapore is not VW, they are an importer of VW parts and vehicles and basically have exclusive rights to do so in Singapore. This is how it is done around the globe in smaller regions. Think of each importer like a dealer with multiple locations.

I could understand with your limited experience and knowledge of OEM and Tier 1 Supplier relationship interaction how you could assume that your information is absolute and that all importers for VAG operate in the manner you reference from Revo's relationship with Seat's Grecian importer.

However, in the case of VGS you are quite mistaken. VGS is an actual subsidiary of VAG and is not wholly independently owned. The relationship of VGS and VAG is that VAG executives operate VGS in VAG's behalf. Managing Director of VGS, Dr. Olaf Dubel, is of German origination and is employed by VAG.

What does this mean? Well that means while VW may know about this VW themselves is not authorizing this. We have been doing this for 5 years now in various countries around the world through the official importers of Seat. In 04 Seat of Greece released a special model that had our software in it. Seat of UK gives their reps Revo flashed cars that have our colors and a Revo badge on the back, which they then sell with a warranty. The official importers of Seat in places are actual Revo dealers, one has the rights to parts for an entire continent...

Again, your assumptions are based purely on Revo's accomplishments which do not pertain to APR's relationship with VGS, VWGoA, SEAT, VWMS, Individual GmBh, Quattro GmBh and VAG.

The GTI V50 is completely homologated, EURO4 emissions certified and passes all LTA requirements for new car sales in Singapore.

If your relationship with SEAT Force was of the same scope you would have several testing and certification documents from VAG, SEAT, Greece and TUV.

Furthermore, you would have copies of the marketing materials from your special editions with Warranty Supplements in the Owner's Manuals, Official VAG part numbers for the products you supply, official model information such as the spec cards available at dealerships, etc.

None of this is new, none of this is exclusive to one company like they may have you believe. But VW in the US is VW, they are not a privately held importer that can make their own rules like the others can.

I know you feel like you guys have been given every opportunity from VAG that APR has but unfortunately that's just not the case at this present time and new programs and arrangements can and have been made to accommodate a new relationship that is different than what you guys were doing in Greece. Sorry that you can't understand or believe this but it is what it is and be prepared to see more of it!

PyroBob

I'm in.
Car(s)
.:R 32
Is there ever a thread you two don't have a pissing match in?

treedub

Oversight
Car(s)
MKV R32
APR's representation of themselves in threads such as this has dissuaded me from purchasing anything from them in the forseeable future... and me being the chatty type, I will share this opinion with as many people as I am able.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
APR's representation of themselves in threads such as this has dissuaded me from purchasing anything from them in the forseeable future... and me being the chatty type, I will share this opinion with as many people as I am able.

If you find APR's discussion of an accomplishment and subsequent correction of incorrect information as dissuasive, feel free to share this with everyone you ever meet. :thumbsup:

Chris@RT

Banned
Also if you would like to get copies of the unedited court docs any lawyer can look them up, often times public libraries, as well as some universities law libraries will allow access to them. Lots of interesting info in there when you don't just get what some parties want you to see.

2 sides to every story.

rollenbu

Post Whore Extrodinare!
Car(s)
White 05 Touareg
Hey, guys, everybody knows that there's bad blood between REVO and APR, can we drop it now? No need to ruin the thread.

Keith@APR

Banned
Hey, guys, everybody knows that there's bad blood between REVO and APR, can we drop it now? No need to ruin the thread.

and I guess since this is about APR products maybe Chris should just go the hell away from this thread anyways?

Maybe he can follow some of his own advice and worry about promoting his products as opposed to his weak attempts at discrediting our's? Ah, but what I am thinking, it never goes both ways. Only the loser is allowed to call foul.

We are discussing the V50 which is a private label product developed jointly with APR and has not a single Revo product on it.

treedub

Oversight
Car(s)
MKV R32
Not everyday you get to sit and watch two industry players argue it out... Problem for APR is Arin is just plain dumb. Read closer at a post and consider its meaning before replying Arin. Your reply has only reinforced my belief that you are misrepresenting a company that VW has seen fit to do business with...

Status
Not open for further replies.