GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 5 GTI DSG slow 0-100 km/h times.

No_32

Car(s)
VW Golf 5 GTI DSG
Hey guys!
My car is a 2005 Golf 5 GTI DSG fully stock with 115000 km done.Service was done 2 weeks ago with no problems at all,VW engineers actually liked the car's condition.
I know this may sound a little strange but my GTI is slower from a stop/launch control with the new summer tires.
With my winter tires,my times were 6.5-7.5 seconds from 0-100 km/h.Now,since my summer tires were installed,I only get 8-9 seconds.I didn't make it faster than 8 with the summer tires.
Could they have too much grip?Could the warm weather affect performance?(25 degrees Celsius at the time of testing in 2 different days).
I had 1/4 tank with premium petrol.
The tires are Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 with 225/50R17 dimensions,stock rims.Could the dimensions be the problem?
No other problems with the car,80-120 km/h,60-100 km/h times are pretty much the same as before and on full throttle car seems to pull just like before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Your tires profile is bigger than before, total circumstance has changed. To dumb it down, a 19" wheel will have a higher top speed but slower to get there, whereas a 17" wheel will have a lower top speed but will get there much quicker. If you think about it, your tires are the last "gear" on your car.