GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

G37S vs KO4 GTI

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Had a friend with a nizmo 370. I would keep up with him in the corners before my ko4 even with my v12 hankooks. But in the straight aways he would pull away. Sadly someone hit him head on and totaled it. He just got a WRX couple weeks ago. Cant wait to go to ca to our favorite canyon drive again once hes slightly moded.

eXpo

Car(s)
2009 GTI
G37's really aren't all that they're cracked up to be (IMO). Don't get me wrong, they are extremely nice... just not fast.
Story: Shortly after I bought my car, I had just gone APR Stage 2 and had installed my DP... I had a friendly run with my father in his G37 IPL.
We started around 40 MPH, I was in third gear, and I immediately pulled away from him and held out in front till I backed out around 120MPH. I am very certain he would have started to walk by me past that point, but neither of us are really that "crazy" on the streets.
I found it quite humorous though that he got off the road immediately and took the long way back to his house where I met back up with him. :lol:

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Oh never said they are all that but remember the 370z is 400lbs lighter then the g37and has around 55hp more then a stage 2. They only weigh about 70lbs more then a gti.

eXpo

Car(s)
2009 GTI
Oh absolutely. Also, in the case of my story above, my dad's G37 is the IPL edition. It puts out 348HP (2HP less than a Nismo 370Z). But touché on the weight.
Their HP is definitely higher than a Stage 2 GTI (which is why my dad would have walked past me if we would have stayed in it past 120MPH). Our car's benefit is the torque (which is why I pulled away almost immediately when we both punched it).

Overall, they're not bad cars (G37 and 370Z).... it's just all too common that the owners are douchebags which make them an even less appealing car (to me at least).

:thumbsup:

TSiUG

sleeper...
Oh never said they are all that but remember the 370z is 400lbs lighter then the g37and has around 55hp more then a stage 2. They only weigh about 70lbs more then a gti.

WOW. I thought they would be very similar in weight(~100 lb difference). My bad.....:frown:

TSiUG

sleeper...
Either way hat engine seems to have a pretty wicked top end!

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion

Yeah def rev happy. Wasnt fond of that syncro rev match system. I like blipping the throttle myself and sometimes in stop and go traffic it made the venicle unsmooth.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door

That, and I'm guessing it has better aero. The GTI is shaped like a sportier version of an ice cream truck. While that might be a look that makes little kids point and go Yay!!, it can't be good for pulling hard in the triple digits when our relatively low whp has to fight all that drag.

While power to weight is the name of the game at lower speeds, racing increasingly becomes a hp vs aerodynamic drag game the faster you go.

WRX

Passed Driver's Ed
enjoyed the read to say the least. He know you'd hand his ass over on a platter so he killed it early to save faces.
CSB

Hondatuner87

K20a2 Powered
Car(s)
2002 Civic Si
I never understood that argument. Who cares what another car costs? I know people with 10 second cars that have less then 8k invested including the cost of the car. It's a moot point to make.

It wasn't really an argument. I was just curious how much a k04 upgrade + supporting mods cost. I always like to take into account the price of my car + the upgrades I've put into it when comparing to vehicles my car can beat that cost more money.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
It wasn't really an argument. I was just curious how much a k04 upgrade + supporting mods cost. I always like to take into account the price of my car + the upgrades I've put into it when comparing to vehicles my car can beat that cost more money.

Must be Honda math :wink: