GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

G37S vs KO4 GTI

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Get on the service road a little bit ago in the left lane and a minivan and nissan versa are in front of me and in right lane is a G37S. It a light before a big 1/2 to 3/4 mile 3 lane road with a sweeping left in the beginning and the straightens out for most of it. I stay in the left lane because once you pass the light, it opens to 3 lanes from two, so usually if everyone is driving like turtles the left lane lets me get around everyone no problem. Light goes green, and the g37s and the versa are both accelerating at the same speed. Now remember there was a minivan in front of the versa and no one on front of the infinity. So of course I go to the left lane once we pass the intersection and start accelerating like normal. All the sudden I hear the g37 punch it, im in the left lane just shifted to 3rd coming into the mild left turn so im like screw it. I floor it and just start pulling away from this g37s. I get bored and shut down in 5th gear and getting in front of the infinity. They of course stay riding my ass untill the turn off. We both get off and they stayed waaay behind me. Pull up to a light next to me and they dont even look at me, just pulled forward so his rear is where my doors are lol. I hate douches like that. If I had not gotten in the left lane he would have probably just slowly crept along the service road. but instead as soon as he saw me go left, douchebaggery kicked in. Just dont get it but a well deserved whopping is exactly the humbling they needed.
P.s. was actually cool looking g37 all white with all black roof sorta bmw style, black rims.

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
lololol they are all cocky drivers. It's always nice to see a k04 beat high end cars. Good job.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Nice run. I'm dying to have a go at it with one.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Was happy first car I have really raced since . Almost got a stab at a new ss camaro but wasn't safe. I love beating mustangs and camaros like that they get so butt hurt. With race file I still have about half a pound or so better power to weight ratio then new camaro and mustang gt, but I have heard the mustangs are under rated hp wise and I think they weigh about 100lbs less then camaro but not sure.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
So mustang gt is about 250 less then the camaro at around 3600 lbs or so. I have read that a couple options bring it closer to 3750. Still mustang gt should be a much more even race then the camaro based on power to weight ratios.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
So mustang gt is about 250 less then the camaro at around 3600 lbs or so. I have read that a couple options bring it closer to 3750. Still mustang gt should be a much more even race then the camaro based on power to weight ratios.

Recent magazine comparos have the Mustang GT and the Camaro SS testing virtually identically in a straight line, FWIW. Like within a 10th of each other up to ridiculous speeds.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
To be fair the car starts at $43k stripped down. Just the premium package and sport package adds another $6k to the vehicle, which the vehicle I raced had both (you cant get the sport package without the premium and the car had a moonroof). So its really a $50k vehicle easily not including the murdered out wheels and roof that this one had. It might not be a super high end luxury vehicle but its surely not an econobox considering it cost close to two GTI's.

Hondatuner87

K20a2 Powered
Car(s)
2002 Civic Si
To be fair the car starts at $43k stripped down. Just the premium package and sport package adds another $6k to the vehicle, which the vehicle I raced had both (you cant get the sport package without the premium and the car had a moonroof). So its really a $50k vehicle easily not including the murdered out wheels and roof that this one had. It might not be a super high end luxury vehicle but its surely not an econobox considering it cost close to two GTI's.

How much is a k04 upgrade and supporting mods? Regardless, I'm with you on racing and beating a car that is $10,000+ over what your car retails. Again, good kill.

edit: I read your sig and saw k04 and thought you had a Golf R for some odd reason :x even then the Golf R is only a $34,000 car.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
How much is a k04 upgrade and supporting mods? Regardless, I'm with you on racing and beating a car that is $10,000+ over what your car retails. Again, good kill.

I never understood that argument. Who cares what another car costs? I know people with 10 second cars that have less then 8k invested including the cost of the car. It's a moot point to make.

When I bought mine I think I paid just under 45k for a G37S. It was a great car. Pretty sporty and quick for what it is. After owning it for 3 years and after 20+ dealer visits for various issues I wished 1. That I kept my G35 coupe and 2. That I got an automatic. I would have bought another one since I know they are very good and reliable cars even though mine wasn't, but I just didn't feel like spending 40+ on a car again, hence the Mustang.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I never understood that argument. Who cares what another car costs? I know people with 10 second cars that have less then 8k invested including the cost of the car. It's a moot point to make.

When I bought mine I think I paid just under 45k for a G37S. It was a great car. Pretty sporty and quick for what it is. After owning it for 3 years and after 20+ dealer visits for various issues I wished 1. That I kept my G35 coupe and 2. That I got an automatic. I would have bought another one since I know they are very good and reliable cars even though mine wasn't, but I just didn't feel like spending 40+ on a car again, hence the Mustang.

Like I said base is about 43k. My response was to hairyblack stating its not a high end car.

TSiUG

sleeper...
Like I said base is about 43k. My response was to hairyblack stating its not a high end car.

Definitely a high end car. Both performance wise and cost:thumbsup:

I raced a black 370Z back when I was still stock IHI/K03 turbo but stage 2 and we went from about 60-120/130. I kept up for a little while, but as soon as I had to shift into 5th gear the 370Z started pulling pretty hard. He gave me a big thumbs up afterwards and I gave one back.

Flash forward to Kilcare Dragway the next summer and he recognizes my car and we talked about the previous run. He asks if I would like to run him at the 1/4 mile and I oblige. At this point I had gone K04, but he didnt ask about my mods so I said "hell yes". I pulled off a mid 12 second run to his mid 13 second run. He then proceeded to assume I was running nitrous:bellyroll: I explained the k04 to him and he was still stunned at how bad I beat him at the strip. It was a nice redemption for my previous loss:biggrin:

Last edited: