GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally sticker bombed the lip

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I'm not opposed to stickerbombing, and the gf did a good job, BUT...

I don't think it works great in this application for a number of reasons. First of all, it contrasts severly with the black paint and draws the eye and makes the lip the focal point of your car for no reason whatsoever. Second, it takes a car with a high ride height and the light color of the lip on the black car somehow makes the front look that much higher off the ground. Third, it doesn't flow with the other trim pieces. It'd look more cohesive if you sticker bombed the side skirts and at least the bottom portion of the rear bumper, too, but then you'd have way too many stickers and it'd look terrible, like an art car. This leads me to conclude you sticker bombed the wrong part of your car. Finally, you violated Rule #1 of aesthetic modding: Don't do any aesthetic mods (wheels, lighting, body work, stickers, etc.) until your car is lowered.

I like the idea someone else already posted: keep the stickers on the bottom-most section of the lip but take them off of the main part. That will reduce the intense contrast and allow the rest of the lip to flow with the color and texture of your side skirts and rear bumper. I'd be interested to see how the rear would look if you sticker bombed the lower portion of the rear bumper, too, leaving the rest stock textured black.

Last edited:

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
the sharpie absorbed into the paint, it wasnt plastidip... the whole car was dipped flat black, then I just painted a flat white paint for stripes. I still have the hood and its been over two years... no fade

Awesome :thumbsup:
This makes me more confident that it will end up being a nice touch to her car.
I'm thinking in white plastidip on the hood, doodles in Pro grade sharpies and then a couple of coats of glossifier just to be safe