GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

eurojet PCV blown?

Syxx Shotter

Has an "S" on his chest
I put my eurojet PCV did in about two weeks ago, and now I am having the symptoms of a blown PCV again. I have oil blowing out of the filler cap again. Anyone else ever had this problem with the eurojet PCV.

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi
I put my eurojet PCV did in about two weeks ago, and now I am having the symptoms of a blown PCV again. I have oil blowing out of the filler cap again. Anyone else ever had this problem with the eurojet PCV.

I have on my car.

Syxx Shotter

Has an "S" on his chest
well shit. I was trying to wait until you guys had catch system out phil now I'm shit outta luck. Back to the dh fix. :cry:

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
did you clean the oil off from before you installed the EJ PCV?

I thought I was still having problems when mine first went on. I cleaned the engine up, and haven't had a problem since.

Check all the clamps and all your silicone. I know the origional silicone EJ used on the PCV fix had some issues with cracking. Crabpot had this problem and they sent the revised silcone to him over night.

Call Joel or Joehn @ EuroJet and they'll take care of you.

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi

I thought I was still having problems when mine first went on. I cleaned the engine up, and haven't had a problem since.

Check all the clamps and all your silicone. I know the origional silicone EJ used on the PCV fix had some issues with cracking. Crabpot had this problem and they sent the revised silcone to him over night.

This is good advice. Fully inspect the valve internally and make sure that its not just getting stuck open. Other then an O-Ring there is nothing to blow so it should be something simple.

-Phill

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
^ Only kind of advice I give :thumbup:

but you know that Phil

mjp

mjp

good advice...spoke to Joel and he said that the diameter of the original one was too small and that the length was not the same on both ends...they have fixed the issue and should be hassle free now :thumbsup:

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
yet again... The reason people should call before posting.

I always call or Email BSH/EuroJet/20Squared/whoever before I post up on this forum. Hell, I've called Phil@BSH about problems with other company's stuff before just because I know the suppliers and manufacturers are much more knowedgable than 99% of the users on this forum. Most people take a simple problem like this one, don't read thru the entire thread, and then bash the company and spread bad feelings about them around this forum.

crabpot

Awesomesauce
EJ is good people, I had the same issue with my PCV fix and they sent out new hoses the same day!

I was actually getting a CEL and my hose was cracked in a couple of spots, the new one is functioning perfectly though.

I think the OP was asking a perfectly reasonable question in this instance though, and when he saw other people had the same issue he called up Joel and had it taken care of. In this case, the forum actually served it's purpose.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
That's it. how dare you undermine me Crosby.

I'm going to throw you into the lake tonight @ Jaunita Beach.

Syxx Shotter

Has an "S" on his chest
I think I'm just gonna go back to the dh fix. It worked completely fine; no problems at all. I only bought this to kinda clean up the engine bay a little. It looked good and all; and if eurojet won't fix it then no biggie. The PCV was purchased used so I don't see that being an option. Oh well live and learn. I'm just really sick of this pcv system bullshenanigans on this car.

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
I think I'm just gonna go back to the dh fix. It worked completely fine; no problems at all. I only bought this to kinda clean up the engine bay a little. It looked good and all; and if eurojet won't fix it then no biggie. The PCV was purchased used so I don't see that being an option. Oh well live and learn. I'm just really sick of this pcv system bullshenanigans on this car.

just use the check valve that u used with dh fix in the eurojet fix. so ur gonna have eurojet hoses with master valve. thats what im doing. my ej check valve have failed 3 times since its been on the car. i keep buying new pcvs and breather tubes. i just replaced it all few weeks ago.

Syxx Shotter

Has an "S" on his chest
I was going to replace it with the dh fix and then see if EJ would fix it. If they wont no big deal I can't blame them. The dh fix works very well though. Atleast until that BSH system comes out. Mmmmmm BSH PCV FTW.