GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I am trying to understand fueling. The generally accepted lambda is .88 tapering to .8-.81 near redline, correct or did i read/hear that wrong? I have edited these two tables, but am unsure if there are others that i need to edit to add fuel.

Can someone shed some light on how i go about adding fuel at initial boost target and tapering down?

View attachment 159605

There should be a full load air temp table. You can make that match your "Full Load Lambda" table except for the very first cell. That will make fueling tuning more predictable. You can go back and mess with the air temp table later if you want. Use the Maestro thread in the R section.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Also use the export/import table function to make exact copies of table values. Copy and paste does not always create exact values!

There should be a full load air temp table. You can make that match your "Full Load Lambda" table except for the very first cell. That will make fueling tuning more predictable. You can go back and mess with the air temp table later if you want. Use the Maestro thread in the R section.

thunderstruck1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Jumping back into the VW game after being away for a few years...is Maestro necessary for stock cars, or are the OTS tunes good enough? Description says "For tuners and enthusiasts looking to recalibrate their vehicles for modified hardware." I still have my Powertap cable from my 2016, meaning I could flash an OTS and DSG tune with it.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
The OTS files are adjustable (boost and octane/timing), which I think is enough for most, especially on a stock car (or even near stock with basic bolt ons). One nice thing that maestro has is Ethanol content slider, would be ideal to have for mix E30+. I have maestro but I just run the base maestro file, which is more or less the same as the OTS from what I can tell by comparing datalogs.

Sprinqer

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 Autobahn PP
Hey guys, having somewhat of an issue of a boost spike on my 3-4 shift (DSG). Using the log analyzer, it seems like my wastegate setpoint shoots up from 76 to 90 right before the spike happens (spikes from 21 psi in third to 28 psi in fourth). Have my usual 24 psi peak in third, no issues there. Any ideas how I should go about fixing it?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Yeah, I just download the csv and use Megalogviewer HD for review. Looks fine to me. A little spike after the shift that's only one datapoint. The stock WG tables/logic is a crapshoot to tune because you can't log any of the associated parameters for it. Again, it looks fine and normal to me, I wouldn't touch a thing.

Sprinqer

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 Autobahn PP
Yeah, I just download the csv and use Megalogviewer HD for review. Looks fine to me. A little spike after the shift that's only one datapoint. The stock WG tables/logic is a crapshoot to tune because you can't log any of the associated parameters for it. Again, it looks fine and normal to me, I wouldn't touch a thing.
So you would just leave it? I worries me a bit since its spiking and holding so high in fourth, during a pull it sounds like fourth just "sticks" for a short period of time after the shift.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
So you would just leave it? I worries me a bit since its spiking and holding so high in fourth, during a pull it sounds like fourth just "sticks" for a short period of time after the shift.
I'd check and see if the waste gate might be physically sticking or something like that?

Sprinqer

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 Autobahn PP
I'd check and see if the waste gate might be physically sticking or something like that?
I honestly have no idea if that's an issue on the IS20 EWG, but it could be worth looking into. I mean it seems fine in a 4-5 shift, or even a 2-3, its just this 3-4 it spikes really hard and carries a ton more boost than the other gears.