GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Whitemk75

Passed Driver's Ed
I just want to confirm before i flash tonight, If i am going from OTS map to Maestro files, do i need to flash back to stock first? Or can i flash the Maestro stuff over the current loader and map. Probably best to go back to stock yes?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I just want to confirm before i flash tonight, If i am going from OTS map to Maestro files, do i need to flash back to stock first? Or can i flash the Maestro stuff over the current loader and map. Probably best to go back to stock yes?
You can flash right over what you have. I flashed right over my APR. ED told me it was fine when I asked.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Does anyone here actually run the ED is38 file for GTIs?

I'm no longer on that file, but last night I put on 28psi on the slider, and my tap was reading nearly 31PSI across almost the entire rev range. I'm surprised the thing survived. Has anyone else noticed that map overboosting quite a bit?

I dropped it to 26/27 and it was fine. Very strange

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Does anyone here actually run the ED is38 file for GTIs?

I'm no longer on that file, but last night I put on 28psi on the slider, and my tap was reading nearly 31PSI across almost the entire rev range. I'm surprised the thing survived. Has anyone else noticed that map overboosting quite a bit?

I dropped it to 26/27 and it was fine. Very strange
Is it getting cooler there? Maybe 28 psi setting and cooler weather is beyond what the stock map can read?

I'm guessing most of us don't have a boost tap - do the ECU and boost tap readings generally line up?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
That file doesn't have the max turbo pressure ratio set, which is absurd and dangerous for anyone at altitude

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
That file doesn't have the max turbo pressure ratio set, which is absurd and dangerous for anyone at altitude
Ha I think that's even noted in other Matt's YouTube video. It's like an absurd number or something.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Ha I think that's even noted in other Matt's YouTube video. It's like an absurd number or something.
The IS20 is 9.2xx or something like that.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I just want to confirm before i flash tonight, If i am going from OTS map to Maestro files, do i need to flash back to stock first? Or can i flash the Maestro stuff over the curre fnt loader and map. Probably best to go back to stock yes?

You can flash the loader, followed by the base maestro file just fine. I was under the impression that the OTS files and base maestro files were the same for a given stage, but it appears that it's not the case on my car at least.

I flashed back to OTS map for comparison and it's not commanding as much boost in the higher RPMs which is probably a good thing for me being at elevation. The Maestro file was quite aggressive for me. The OTS map targeted high boost in the low/mid range but then tapered off with rpm. Maestro base file just targeted 23psi across the whole rev range. Just something to keep in mind, and it might be a different story for your model, who knows since there is no documentation on this stuff. But if you just want flash and forget for now, OTS might be a "better" option, you won't really know unless you log and take a look.

Whitemk75

Passed Driver's Ed
Got it loaded earlier and I was able to just flash the loader and base file over the current ots stuff. I’m going to pull a log tonight set on 25 psi and 92 oct and see how it looks compared to the ots stage 2 set at 25 psi 92oct. compare boost curve, ignition and fueling and probably richen the initial boost hit. It was running .99-.98 on the ots file up until about 4300-4500, I don’t think it can hurt to add a bit more fuel early on and that appears to be the norm on most logs I am seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Got it loaded earlier and I was able to just flash the loader and base file over the current ots stuff. I’m going to pull a log tonight set on 25 psi and 92 oct and see how it looks compared to the ots stage 2 set at 25 psi 92oct. compare boost curve, ignition and fueling and probably richen the initial boost hit. It was running .99-.98 on the ots file up until about 4300-4500, I don’t think it can hurt to add a bit more fuel early on and that appears to be the norm on most logs I am seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at you! Talking all maestro and shit...

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone got any idea what could be causing overboost?

This is stage 2 maestro set at 25 psi 92 oct.

https://datazap.me/u/whitemk75/nov-7th?log=0&data=1-4-7-18-19

What mods to the car? Usually you only see spikes that bad on the 3-4 shifts with DSG. You have an '18 also, I don't know what was changed from 17-18 on the motors, anything?

Either way, thats the price you pay for quick spool. You can adjust the wastegate tables to decrease the spike but then you are slowing the rate at which it will hit target (and it is a pain in the ass). Your choice.