TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI

MagicChic

GolfMKV Madame
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI

Your dog looks like a Chow and Keeshound mix to me! Pretty nonetheless!

I have 2 Cairn Terriers, a Maltese/Yorkie mix (Morkie) and a Pitbull. They only go in the GTI when the husband is using the Galant for work and I have to take them to the vet, or over to my parents house. The Pit is slobbery and has wicked nails that would scratch up my leather. (They're filed short regularly, but he's a strong dog and digs his nails into everything...my hardwood floors have the proof.) He also sheds a lot. The Morkie is good in the car. He just lies down until we get where we need to go. The Cairns shed a lot and leave nose prints all over my back windows. They all go to the vet every 6 months for routine shots and comprehensive exams every 12. So, they're not in the car often at all. Dog hair is a b*tch to get out of fabric.

Last edited:

utekineir

Banned
yes, but without the queer dog seats. seriously, how pointless.

Gf has one for her little dog, works pretty well for her. My dog just rides in the passenger seat though, loves sitting up with his back against the seat trying to look like a person, I should probably get some sort of harness to restrain him incase of an accident though.

press his nose against the glass and rub it around. It's too hard to clean the glass after he's in the car every time, and the smears bug the shit out of me.

I keep windex and a roll of paper towels in back.

I'm too scared to put them all in the GTI because of the leather, but after your post, I should give it a try.

My old car was leather interior, gti is cloth. The leather was far easier to keep clean with the dog, just wipe it all down. Never showed any damage. Ymmv though.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Meet Roxy, our ~6 mo old Bichon/Cavalier Spaniel mix.

2 weeks after buying my 'dub we took it on a 3k mile road trip to collect her.

She has just recently discovered how to stick her head out the window. She looks incredibly goofy with her hair all blown back.

RobbDizzle

Ambalamps Dispatcher
Car(s)
07 VW GTI 5-door
Our dogs love the car. My dog Payton (a Siberian Husky) sheds like it's going out of style. I put blankets down but she dominates the backseat anyways...I don't mind cleaning it though, it's worth it to have her cruise with me.

My g/f's dog BooBoo (west Highland Terrier mix) loves car rides even more. As soon as you pull out the leash he's flipping out. I'm trying to train it out of him lol.

Pics!

Payton -

BooBoo -

bat23

Rolling high n slow
Not sure how some of you cant fit some dogs in the GTI. He rides with me a good bit and has room to spare(127lbs.). Hes actually really good in the car. I consider him my 3rd son.:biggrin:

Attachments

• 100_0078.jpg
    100_0078.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,090
  • 100_0455.jpg
    100_0455.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,067

panda_man22

Go Kart Champion
take mine since i got him....

Attachments

• 102_2055.jpg
    102_2055.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 897

Streetlight

Banned
yes, but without the queer dog seats. seriously, how pointless.

In all seriousness, if you were in an accident would you really want 100 lb dogs hurtling through the air into the back of your seat or windshield. Especially with the 2000 lb pressure from the airbag already aiming towards your face. At first they may seem like a stupid idea....but it better than cleaning foo foos guts off the interior

utekineir

Banned
In all seriousness, if you were in an accident would you really want 100 lb dogs hurtling through the air into the back of your seat or windshield. Especially with the 2000 lb pressure from the airbag already aiming towards your face. At first they may seem like a stupid idea....but it better than cleaning foo foos guts off the interior

Website link said:

freeride

anarcho-syndicist
Good thread! Since I sold my truck our little buddy Tyson hasn't been in the Dub... I want to try to keep it a fur free as possible, and keep him safe...

I was thinking about combining this...

with this...

Tyson

When the wife goes to garage sales and buys him randomness...

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner

if you really believe that those dog seats in the first pic which have two dogs in them that combined maybe weigh 35 lbs, will stop the dogs from flying through the car in an accident your wrong. in a real accident a furry 10lb. dog hitting the back of your head will be the least of your worries. id rather take my chances than spend money on that crap. not to mention it just looks gay.

utekineir

Banned
if you really believe that those dog seats in the first pic which have two dogs in them that combined maybe weigh 35 lbs, will stop the dogs from flying through the car in an accident your wrong. in a real accident a furry 10lb. dog hitting the back of your head will be the least of your worries. id rather take my chances than spend money on that crap. not to mention it just looks gay.

The pouch seats do look pretty gay though. But gf, and her small <20lb dog seem to love the one she has for it. Keeps it perched up high enough to see out the window.

Streetlight

Banned

I was just referring to dog restraints in general, you're right, the ones in the first post do not look like they could keep the dogs from slamming into something.