GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Rear Bumper/Valence Removal (who the hell uses 56k?)

VDubz85

your favorite DJ
Car(s)
08 GTI
sweetness, thanks for the write-up. Im painting my lowers soon and this will help!

ferasGTI

Thanks that was very nice description with photos.. I am more intreasting to see from you next how to remove the front bumper. Best regards,

plydon89

Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
My 2009 had a lot more torx screws to remove. There were a total of 4 in each wheel well, (3 on that foam material and 1 on a metal lip holding it at the seam) and a total of 4 underneath.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Holy pissballs its hard to reattach the rear valence while the bumper is still installed.

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
Holy pissballs its hard to reattach the rear valence while the bumper is still installed.

I don't see how it could be done with no support on the other side of the upper bumper.... I gave up on pushing those clips in almost immediately.

Golfmkv.com to the rescue again! My car is in pieces but will soon be together thanks to the interwebs.

Great write up - lifesaver. :thumbup:

Car(s)
MKV
I just installed a GTI lower rear on my Rabbit. I have a concern, seems like the lower valence sticks out a little farther than the upper portion of the bumper. It is right on the outer most edges of the bumper on both sides. Any idea on how to fix this?

stepx88

Go Kart Champion
so much harder when your lowered lol Why is it so hard to just do the lower valance.

ahuang1983

Kanoneweiß
Car(s)
VW GTI Mk5
doing mine today