Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Shit.............Im bad at posting Part #........LOL

All i have is the

Haldex Filler Plug - N-902-818-02
Haldex Drain Plug - N-910-827-01

As soon as i find it ill post it, If any body knows it off hand post it for me.......LOL

Last edited:

MACH GTI

Ready to race!
Shit.............Im bad at posting Part #........LOL

All i have is the

Haldex Filler Plug - N-902-818-02
Haldex Drain Plug - ?????????????

As soon as i find it ill post it, If any body knows it off hand post it for me.......LOL

The Haldex Drain Plug is N 910 827 01

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Right on man!!!!!

I need to stick it on my Sigg but i always forget....LOL

Im too busy buying and selling shit........LOL

MACH GTI

Ready to race!
Right on man!!!!!

I need to stick it on my Sigg but i always forget....LOL

Im too busy buying and selling shit........LOL

Is that what you doing for a living? Like Ebay?

How did you raise the rear? Im planning to use ramps. That should give me the clearance to do the job right? While im at it. I'll need to install the new exhaust.

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Hhahahahaha, eBayer YES but i dont make a living off it i just buy and sell on there, here, and everywhere else......LOL

When I Changed my Haldex Fluid / Filter and Rear Diff i put the rear-end on Ramps while i changed fluids and filter. On the Haldex i Put the Whole Bottle of Fluid in the Haldex and did NOT let any fluid drain out at this filling process. Same for the Rear Diff but NO fluid should drain out when filling ONLY on the Haldex.

Once ur done filling the Haldex / Rear Diff THEN u will need to run around the block a few time till the rear-end warms back up. Then u need to get back under the car WITHOUT ramps. Next u will need to take out the Haldex Filler plug and let All the fluid drain till it starts to DRIP. U should only get about a 100ml or so but not much, then tighten her back up and ur done.

U do NOT need to drain off the over fill on the Rear Diff only on the Haldex.

PS.....DO NOT MIX THE HALDEX AND RAER DIFF FLUIDS, U WILL DAMAGE THE HALDEX AND REAR-END!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont for get to change the Haldex Filter and make sure to check a see how the filter comes out so that way u know how it goes back in.......LOL

Also on the torx setting on All the bolts, u should Hand tighten these bolts and do not torx them down TOO tight.......

LoyalSage

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKIV & MKV R32
First i would like to thank OP for this DIY.

I begun following it, and got to properly replacing the filter. Unfortunately when using a size 30 Torx the filler plug got stripped and now I am unable to get it out.

I made the assumption that I would not need replacement plugs since every site is selling a kit which only includes the fluid and filter and filter seal. no fill/drain plugs included.

I see a few listing the fill plug as N-902-818-02 and a picture is shown above, the odd thing is the picture is illustrating a hex bolt, not a torx bolt.

So if the original fill bolt is a 30 Torx, why are we buying the part listed above which is a 5mm hex bolt?

Any help is appreciated as I have to make sure I get the right fill bolt before extracting the stripped one.

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
So if the original fill bolt is a 30 Torx, why are we buying the part listed above which is a 5mm hex bolt?

Well the problem with these Aluminum Hex Bolts on the Haldex Fill plug as well as the Rear Diff Drain and Fill Plugs is that these will Strip out Very very easily with the 5mm Hex key or the 30 Torx key too.

I highly recommend that u buy new Fill plugs when doing this DIY cause u can only use this bolt like 4 times AT the most.

Even if u use the 5mm Hex Key for the DIY and u take it on a off a few times it will strip out anyways with the hex key too. This bolt is Aluminum and its going to strip out no matter what u use.....So buy New ones so if u run into this problem u will have a new bolt for back up....

LoyalSage:
To REMOVE the stripped bolt, U need to get a pair of Vise-grips and clamp onto the edge of the Hex Bolt and pop it lose with the vise-grips. Luckily there is a small lip on the 5mm Hex bolt and the vise-grips will be able to brake loose the stripped hex bolt.

Its a 5mm hex bolt, just a T30 Torx fits in the hole and can be used to remove the bolt.

Every time i use the a Hex key on the this Aluminum bolt it strips it out so use the Torx key and if it get strips out then i use the vise-grips to get it off.

:biggrin:

RHCP4LIFE

Ready to race!
Car(s)
.:R32
I'll be doing this soon, nice write up

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Thanks man,

I will be doing this again soon too, once I hit 40K might be around the summer time...lol

Im working on install new injectors and ECU for the new E85 Flex Fuel kit, I hope its done by the end of the week.

If anybody needs help with there fluid changes let me know.........

PS....I recommend checking the filter screen on the Haldex Pump for metal debris when draining and changing the Haldex fluid. Powerdubs on VWVortex ran into all of problems with his Haldex and most people don't even look or check on th Haldex fluid pump for debris........Never know, u might find something....lol