GOLFMKV

DIY Convert BSH PCV fix Stage 1 to Stage 2

ferasGTI

Thanks it is awesome procedure , I wish to learn more creative things from you

WickedLou9

I'm a geek
Car(s)
2008 GTI
3/8 ID. It seems almost too small but I hope the smaller size will allow for less build up.

There is a spot in front of the passenger side engine mount, ill put it there and as low as possible to again hopefully promote better draining of the lines.

I hope I wont need to do very much in winter to keep everything from freezing. A buddy of mine here in Winnipeg with a BSH stage 2 had one of his lines freeze. Very little water made it into the can. I hope angling all the lines to promote draining will help things.

I have been emptying mine every 500 miles. A TON of water ends up in there. I'd say it's 80-90% water with some fuel and oil mixed in.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
3/8 ID. It seems almost too small but I hope the smaller size will allow for less build up.

There is a spot in front of the passenger side engine mount, ill put it there and as low as possible to again hopefully promote better draining of the lines.

I hope I wont need to do very much in winter to keep everything from freezing. A buddy of mine here in Winnipeg with a BSH stage 2 had one of his lines freeze. Very little water made it into the can. I hope angling all the lines to promote draining will help things.

there are preventative measures that can be taken to prevent freezing, and the fact that you can see how much you have will be very helpful.

and who cares right now? it's April! forget it for now.

hurry and post pics of the install.

Cadbury

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Mine would be different than the ones that come with the stage 2.

The plastic fittings that come with the stage 2 are 5/8 Barb (the hose side)/ 3/8 NPT (the screw side).

So you would need 4 parts in total to convert to brass.

2x 3/8 to 3/8 male elbow
2x 5/8 barb to 3/8 female

I think :)

oh, and some Teflon tape or silicone to make sure you have no leaks.

-Cad

kidthunder

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
ya iv been looking for these i dont like the plastic ones that come with the kit everytime i touch them thye feel so fragile

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Wow awesome job dude. Looks great. Can't wait to see it finished.

Cadbury

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Still good, I don't think its going to let go.

At CT it should be in the same section as the gasket silicone, locktite, epoxy, etc.

-Cad