GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY - A3 Throttle Pipe

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
That happened to me with my Neuspeed. I guess I didn't tighten it all the way and it came off, car almost stalled out on the highway.

If they don't wanna use the audi pipe (cause it has more then doubled in cost...) They can always check with soapy water though. Place soapy water around the mating surfaces of the plug and if there's any air bubbles, try again.

yea, same symptoms as mine, also, never forget to plug in ur MAF lol. happened to me after i fixed the noise pipe.

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
yea, same symptoms as mine, also, never forget to plug in ur MAF lol. happened to me after i fixed the noise pipe.

Did that one as well... In the first few weeks I had taken off the engine cover to figure out wtf it really looked like inside, put it all back together and then went out. Like 30 mins later I had a CEL and I was pissed cause I only had like 1000 miles. Then at the gas station I realized how much of a dummy I had been. It went off after about 45 miles.

Fast_78

Passed Driver's Ed
I still want to know what supplicium used to cover the exposed hole left in the firewall? do you guys know?

plac

GTI Master
with or without the guts in the firewall? if you leave the guts behind the firewall, then a 2" cap is perfect on the engine side

phokim

Passed Driver's Ed
with or without the guts in the firewall? if you leave the guts behind the firewall, then a 2" cap is perfect on the engine side

So... if you just pull the extra pipe and cap it all off wth expansion plugs or whatever you don't have to mess with the underside of the car, right? I heard http://www.hillsideimports.com/ has the A3 pipes too, I haven't called yet.

I wonder why VW feels we Americans need a noise maker in our cars? BMW did this same thing with the Z4. I would've bought a Mustang if I wanted more noise.

snowbunny

Ready to race!
EVERYONE WAIT WAIT WIAT !!!!! ,,, don't do this just yet !!! i have an idea and want some feedback on it.

ok here goes. you all know how it is that our stock "purge valve"/by-pass valve/ blow off valve is SHIT !!! ... here goes. ATP has a blocker for that stock valve. the problem with that.. well as you all know that means we now need to place a new valve in the boost side of the system somewhere !!!!

so here it is !!!! that extra run of piping on that pipe is under boost !! the first "Y" off of it is a silicone section. the old 1.8t HKS blow off valve might be a direct fit in this spot. If not , then I’m sure with minimal modifications. There is a vacuum line right above that off the intake manifold that we could tap for the HKS blow off valve.

this would be an atmospheric fix, if you wanted to figure a way to plumb it back into the intake i'm sure that this would also not be too hard.

all let me know what the thoughts are and sound off... thanks !

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
ressurection!

i know it's kind of dumb to compare this to the EA Eurojet Pipe, since the EA pipe makes noise rather than reduce... but throttle response-wise? :help:

l00ps

l00ps

i know it's kind of dumb to compare this to the EA Eurojet Pipe, since the EA pipe makes noise rather than reduce... but throttle response-wise? :help:

im pretty sure it does nothing. Since the whole deal about the a3 pipe is that it wont be filling up the stock "noise pipe" with air. With the EA pipe you still have to fill it up with air :thumbsup: