GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Direct Acceleration tweak via Vag-com.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Just disable it :D

And it's definitely not in your head. The first few gears felt like the car has a light tune after I disabled starting vibration reduction.

Haha I’ll disable it next to see the difference. The traction control light did come on today when I hit it taking a right hand turn. But in a straight line from a start, man...it’s really a big difference.

Sent by raven from Castle Black

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
No point with a tune unless u have mounts. All you do is spin more and go nowhere. I mean if that’s what you’re into....

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
No point with a tune unless u have mounts. All you do is spin more and go nowhere. I mean if that’s what you’re into....

Yeah that’s why I set to Normal. My tune is about the same power as the Clubsport and it uses the Normal setting AFAIK.
Was able to get some nice wheel spin which felt better than the power just cutting.

dorkultra

I tried this tweak for a while and noticed a faster throttle response, albeit subtle difference. I lost several MPG and I had concern that it might affect the longevity of my DSG and haldex.

I ended up changing my mind about the DSG and haldex because i plan on doing frequent fluid changes, allow decent warmup time, don't ever use launch control, and it's not common to see issues with slippage. So i'm hoping those last

I wanted something better so I went with the burger pedal tuner. it's a game changer and i've actually considered getting rid of my JB4 because i really wanted a more responsive throttle, but that's something that a DSG tune or pedal tuner could do. It's got a bunch of settings for how quickly it amplifies you throttle input. I keep it on stage 3 in the middle for fine tuning, but to be honest I didn't notice much of a difference between the stages. my MPG went down slightly after I installed, but that was to be expected and it's a money worthy mod because of how much it changes the throttle response. night and day

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah that’s why I set to Normal. My tune is about the same power as the Clubsport and it uses the Normal setting AFAIK.
Was able to get some nice wheel spin which felt better than the power just cutting.

With which tires?

tsigeoff

Passed Driver's Ed
Just did this the other day in my R. I noticed no difference in pedal feel and within 20 minutes of driving, floored it in 1st and got an EPC light. First time in 2+ years. I'll be switching it back before the next cruise. :rolleyes:

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
Strange that so many people feel no difference. It's a subtle but solid change. It really makes a difference off the line and with quick throttle inputs. Maybe it's more noticeable since I have the standard automatic?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Strange that so many people feel no difference. It's a subtle but solid change. It really makes a difference off the line and with quick throttle inputs. Maybe it's more noticeable since I have the standard automatic?

I’ve just done this tweek around 1K miles ago and can say it definitely makes a positive difference with my stock DSG car, I’ve also recently upped the idle speed 50rpm, this coupled with the throttle mod makes crawling in traffic and pulling out from junctions smooth and effortless!

I like traffic lights, I LIKE TRAFFIC LIGHTS, especially when they’re green, especially when they’re green!

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Wow did this last night and it made a big difference for my sportwagen manual. Before it would lug 1st to second, now no lugging, perfect![emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
I did this in OBD11 and it was game changer. alone worth the cost of obd11 imo

Change the “vibration reduction” setting from Strong to Normal (or off if you prefer). It helps just as much.

play150

Just wanted to chime in with my experience regarding the driving profile setting:

I have a 6MT and it doesn't seem to change the throttle pedal's response. I press a tiny bit and the throttle goes to 1-1.2k rpm. When I press just a little bit more it starts doing the increase in rpm over time thing regardless of what setting I input for driver profile in OBD11.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I've spent a lot of time on this mod, did some logging, live data analysis, etc. My conclusion: 100% BS/placebo. It's in the steering control unit and it's called "driving profile SWITCHOVER".. OBDEleven should remove this from their apps and that is part of what gives this legitimacy. It's all placebo. Rather than make a huge post, I'll point you to my other posts that show that is happening when you choose "direct" for those that are interested in a few minutes of reading. I know many really like this/think it's made a large improvement but the data don't support it and I think this is somewhat like a Ouiji board...you are just pushing the pedal harder is all b/c you think the coding made a change. I started out thinking this helped but lots of switching back/forth and nerding out with OBDEleven/research led me to here:

Here is the live data/breakdown of why this isn't doing what folks think (first post):
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...rottle-tweak-amp-quot-it-ain-t-what-you-think
Here's some data logging graphs of the throttle/accelerator data (second page towards the bottom):
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9261103-OBD-Eleven-mod-to-improve-throttle-response/page2

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I've spent a lot of time on this mod, did some logging, live data analysis, etc. My conclusion: 100% BS/placebo. It's in the steering control unit and it's called "driving profile SWITCHOVER".. OBDEleven should remove this from their apps and that is part of what gives this legitimacy. It's all placebo. Rather than make a huge post, I'll point you to my other posts that show that is happening when you choose "direct" for those that are interested in a few minutes of reading. I know many really like this/think it's made a large improvement but the data don't support it and I think this is somewhat like a Ouiji board...you are just pushing the pedal harder is all b/c you think the coding made a change. I started out thinking this helped but lots of switching back/forth and nerding out with OBDEleven/research led me to here:

Here is the live data/breakdown of why this isn't doing what folks think (first post):
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...rottle-tweak-amp-quot-it-ain-t-what-you-think
Here's some data logging graphs of the throttle/accelerator data (second page towards the bottom):
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9261103-OBD-Eleven-mod-to-improve-throttle-response/page2

The second post on the first Vortex thread reflects what I and many others experience when set to Direct. The throttle range is reduced and it hits 100% throttle before the pedal is 100% down. This was extremely obvious when I was running a JB4 and the stock ECU tune. It was also extremely obvious when running a Eurodyne OTS tune. The weird thing is that now that I have switched over to a an EQT Cobb tune, this setting is no longer making any difference. I believe that Direct and Incremental do not affect every car and every tune in the same way, but for some, it is a cheap way to get increased peddle sensitivity without running a peddle box.