GOLFMKV

Direct Acceleration tweak via Vag-com.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Makes bugger all difference on my R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe it makes a more noticeable difference on 6MT models?? Maybe someone with DSG and this setting on could chime in.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I didn’t notice the difference but with that explanation of what it does, I will try it again. Maybe that is the problem I am having with trying to blip and rev match my downshifts.. but NLS is on and thinks I’m trying to NLS because the ECU sees 95%+ throttle input and I swear I barely tap it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I think it helps tremendously. Still waiting for someone to log gas pedal angle to throttle body angle before and after the tweak.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Just did this tweak over the weekend on my car along with removing the torque limiter. Between the two tweaks it defiantly seems to have made the gas peddle feel more consistent.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Just did this tweak over the weekend on my car along with removing the torque limiter. Between the two tweaks it defiantly seems to have made the gas peddle feel more consistent.

I’ll check out the torque limiter tweak

Sent by raven from Castle Black

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I’ll check out the torque limiter tweak

Sent by raven from Castle Black

Here's the link:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21888

When I had my GTI I felt a substantial boost in power in the first 2 gears. With the R I didn't really feel much of a bump in power in the lower gears. Pulling out from a stop sign or is much better! I don't get the sudden drop in power anymore when I needed it most (for quickly getting up to the speed of traffic).

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Here's the link:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21888

When I had my GTI I felt a substantial boost in power in the first 2 gears. With the R I didn't really feel much of a bump in power in the lower gears. Pulling out from a stop sign or is much better! I don't get the sudden drop in power anymore when I needed it most (for quickly getting up to the speed of traffic).

Thx! I changed it from Strong to Normal. Not ready to turn it off yet. Maybe it's just in my head but in Normal it felt torquier in first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Thx! I changed it from Strong to Normal. Not really to turn it off yet. Maybe it's just in my head but in Normal it felt torquier in first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just disable it :D

And it's definitely not in your head. The first few gears felt like the car has a light tune after I disabled starting vibration reduction.