GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DipYourCar.Com (Updated Weekly)

paulnur

Rookie
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
That was me! :thumbsup:

I'm still trying to figure out an easy way to redo these wheels without having to pay the cost of having them professionally refinished. I'm not 100% sold on black wheels on a UG car, so I'm hoping some attractive variation of silver 'dip will appear.

Lol I knew it, and I hope you find an alternative if its from us or not, may I suggest maybe a white? HIGH GLOSS? :biggrin:

How much would it be to do a whole mkv hatch? Im local..

No roof and no hood, 400-500. No roof, 500-550. 100% of the car, 550-650. Drop on in and we will shoot you a quote for free.

Gunmetal grey plaits dip with silver metalizer.

Looks GREAT!

MKVftw08

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI
i just blacked out my scuffed to hell huffs. question, can you dip over bondo? i was thinking of peeling, filling, and redoing them. i was just tired of looking at my ass ugly rims every day. any recomendations on painting over it? ideally i want candy white insets and the face of the rim to be gloss or satin black.

ooh and has anyone applied dip by hand? like with a striping brush, to cover the despicable tape lines i'll undoubtedly have when i attempt the insets.

Last edited:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
What's the curing time on this before it can get wet from rain? 12 hours good enough?

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
i just blacked out my scuffed to hell huffs. question, can you dip over bondo? i was thinking of peeling, filling, and redoing them. i was just tired of looking at my ass ugly rims every day. any recomendations on painting over it?

This. My VMR V710s have a good amount of curbage and I was considering using filler and p'dipping over that. Would this work? Otherwise I might be selling em soon.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Make sure the surface is smooooooth before you dip the wheels.

jettagt8v80

I know nothing
Car(s)
2006 GTi DSG
is there a reason why i have been provided a bogus tracking numbers and my request to cancel my order was unanswered but then i get another email saying it has "shipped" with yet another non tracking number that shows you have printed the label and nothing else, i want my money back and not your product anymore i will file a claim with paypal if this second tracking number i was provided does not work by tonight (thats almost 48 hours)

paulnur

Rookie
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
is there a reason why i have been provided a bogus tracking numbers and my request to cancel my order was unanswered but then i get another email saying it has "shipped" with yet another non tracking number that shows you have printed the label and nothing else, i want my money back and not your product anymore i will file a claim with paypal if this second tracking number i was provided does not work by tonight (thats almost 48 hours)

Sometimes orders slip through that have backordered items in them and get processed (label is created) and we are waiting for product. I am the warehouse logistics manager and coincidentally I just got home from working late on looking into making sure this does not happen.

If you would like I would be happy to get your order number from you and look into what happened to your order personally. I am sorry for the frustration.

^did the same thing to a local person to me. She ended up getting her supplies in about 3 weeks...

Unfortunately we are doing everything WE can to make sure you get your product when we get it. They are producing it as fast as they can and are making improvements that should have direct results into getting us the product faster within the next 3-4 weeks. The 3 weeks your friend waited for her product most likely had to do with simply us waiting for the product to arrive. From the Dip Foam System, Dip Washers, to PreDip ect. (product we can directly control inventory) we have ready, as for plastidip there instances not always where there are 1 or 2 week windows where we are waiting for product and we are shortening that window. We appreciate your patience and I can assure you we are working on getting this to a 24-48hr turn around time from when you place your order to when your order ships on every item we sell.

Rus.K

PCDT99

^did the same thing to a local person to me. She ended up getting her supplies in about 3 weeks...

Unfortunately the same happened to a business partner of mine. He finally got his order about a month and a half later. He actually had to talk to a few people at DYC and they were not the "friendliest" of people to deal with.

I not saying you Paulnar, are particularly a bad person or anything like that. Just sharing another experience.

paulnur

Rookie
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
Unfortunately the same happened to a business partner of mine. He finally got his order about a month and a half later. He actually had to talk to a few people at DYC and they were not the "friendliest" of people to deal with.

I not saying you Paulnar, are particularly a bad person or anything like that. Just sharing another experience.

Understood, the customer service staff are trained to do there best they can to make sure the customers are happy and at the same time provide the best possible customer service experience we can offer.

If there is anything you or anyone else needs do not hesitate to contact me direct.