GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Delayed boost when cold?

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
I found one thread with no certain answers.

Cold starts, or even if the car is semi warm but has been sitting. After the car reaches operating temp, if I try to hit boost, it lags until like 4k rpm then hits like a freight train.

Feels like if you were to blow through a straw with the wrapper wadded up in it. Once you blow the wrapper out its easier to blow.

After about 5 minutes of driving at operating temp it is fine, no more hesitation.

Any ideas?

I'm swapping the coil packs and air intake tonight just because I was planning to do so anyway.

I swapped in a Rev D dv two weeks ago. This problem started a few days ago.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
Nothing?

Intake and coil packs went well.

I guess I will remove my DV and grease it?

Ich_Will

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 GTI
I had similar boost issues intermittently. I had a nick in the wiring to the MAF sensor. Pull off the plastic wire wrap and have a look. Took me forever to get to checking that. I tried everything else's...new MAF,intake of to inspect, new coil packs...

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
vagcom scan

Thats my next step.

I had similar boost issues intermittently. I had a nick in the wiring to the MAF sensor. Pull off the plastic wire wrap and have a look. Took me forever to get to checking that. I tried everything else's...new MAF,intake of to inspect, new coil packs...

Interesting. I just pulled the DV and cleaned it and greased it with Mobil 1 Synthetic Grease. No change.

Ill check the MAF. Thanks for the idea.

What did you do to fix it?

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
Sticking N249?

Not familiar with that? I was thinking maybe the N75 valve.

Im gonna buy a OBD2 to USB cable and use Vag Com Lite to run a scan and see if there are any hidden codes.

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
How many miles and do you suspect carbon buildup? The scan will definitely tell more. A little cheaper than vcds and better than autozone, you can get an obd bluetooth adapter. I got one for the torque app, but it also comes with it's own app that I would say is even better.
http://www.obdlink.com/lxbt/

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Ive got a cheapo pocket rocket we can scan it with. It usually kicks up static and pending codes.

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
How many miles and do you suspect carbon buildup? The scan will definitely tell more. A little cheaper than vcds and better than autozone, you can get an obd bluetooth adapter. I got one for the torque app, but it also comes with it's own app that I would say is even better.
http://www.obdlink.com/lxbt/

I do suspect some carbon build up, Ive got 61k miles.

Im gonna buy a 409.1 cable for 10 bucks on Amazon and use VCDS Lite (the free one).

Ive got a cheapo pocket rocket we can scan it with. It usually kicks up static and pending codes.

Already had it scanned at Autozone with their OBD2 scanner and nothing came up.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Oh, ok. If you suspect carbon, you could try an intake cleaner that will run through the IAT hole. Napa has BG stuff. That works rather well.

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
Oh, ok. If you suspect carbon, you could try an intake cleaner that will run through the IAT hole. Napa has BG stuff. That works rather well.

I was gonna do the 2 part Mineral Spirits 1 Part Fuel mix that someone else on this forum has a how to video on. Probably gonna do it this weekend.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Ok, i just got an n75 diag schematic if you want it. Idk if its on here or not