GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cutting the Strut Towers

seanc56

Passed Driver's Ed
That's a pretty sweet conversion in the rear. If somebody wanted camber plates like that up front I could definitely get something designed up that would give a ton of adjustment. Once you dont have to worry about the bulb things open up a lot

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
op looks good man, when did u get ur coils dsm ?

The spherical bearings in the camber plates of the OP are absolutely tiny. I'd be very interested to hear how they hold up in the long or not-so-long run.
I have friends that have ran them on their 240s for years.
I know ofa few guys running them on their Formula D cars as well and they hold up just fine.

Only time will tell though.

Glad i could stir up some new ideas and inspirations as well.
The pics of the APR race cars are sweet as well :thumbsup:

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3

I have friends that have ran them on their 240s for years.
I know ofa few guys running them on their Formula D cars as well and they hold up just fine.

Only time will tell though.

Glad i could stir up some new ideas and inspirations as well.
The pics of the APR race cars are sweet as well :thumbsup:

Spherical bearings hold up well for track duty yes. For every day pounding on real streets, my experience has been no every time. The knocking and noise will start inevitably. Totally good mod for a track car, makes car feel like on rails.

seanc56

Passed Driver's Ed
Spherical bearings hold up well for track duty yes. For every day pounding on real streets, my experience has been no every time. The knocking and noise will start inevitably. Totally good mod for a track car, makes car feel like on rails.

I wonder how much of this has to do with the bearing being woefully undersized leading to premature failure or the liner. Also sadly plenty of the camber plate options available look like they were thrown together with no actual knowledge of how the struts articulate and how to handle the springs effectively.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Fixed the pic links

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
:thanks:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Yeah theres no structural difference.
My car is much more rigid than stock with all of the bracing and sound deadener and other crap ive added anyways.