GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cutting the Strut Towers

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
does any place sell just the plates?
yes, do some searching and you can find some companies that make camber plates.
If my memory serves me correctly I believe h2sport has what people believe to have the best solution.

apollosfury

designeddwk
nice work. looks clean

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I can't remind from the top of my head how the stock strut bumps are, but this modification makes it possible to go back to stock suspension?

This will not interefere with the stock suspension setup, correct.
I coudl revert back to stock if I so choose.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
You went for it!

I have the same issue with my KW Clubsports, the camber plates are inaccessible from the top. I was thinking of having a body shop do it, but wasn't too sure if I'd really be screwing anything up structural wise. Looks like everything should be fine. I feel a lot better about my situation now, thx.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
yeah, pix are hosted on fartbook
sorry mang

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
op looks good man, when did u get ur coils dsm ?

seanc56

Passed Driver's Ed
The spherical bearings in the camber plates of the OP are absolutely tiny. I'd be very interested to hear how they hold up in the long or not-so-long run.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3

turbotrucka

Rig Stig
Car(s)
'15 GT3
You guys should see the APR race cars. They hack the entire top of the strut mount off (the entire round tower, so its flat) and then mount a big custom heavy duty camber plate/strut mount. Doubt they'd ever sell it to public as its a pure racing part.

I'm not very good and the internet, I've searched like crazy to find those photos as well as some of their rear set-up. I'm I as dumb as I think, or are they really that rare/hard to find?

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'10 TR GTI

turbotrucka

Rig Stig
Car(s)
'15 GT3
Thanks. I guess I'm just dumb. That is an awesome thread.

So I guess the factory body is strong enough to handle the load generated at racing speeds?

Last edited: