GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
Just noticed in the video that the axle sticker (driver side) is rubbed off at the part where the sway bar would come into contact. Not sure if from prev owner (had it lower than I did with stock endlinks) or from me.
FSB looks too high (too short on the end links). I think you were actually hitting the CV axles. That’s very close to where mine was positioned when I had interference with the CV.

If I were you, I’d try the stock links to see if that helps. You’ll know pretty quickly if that’s your culprit.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
FSB looks too high (too short on the end links). I think you were actually hitting the CV axles. That’s very close to where mine was positioned when I had interference with the CV.

If I were you, I’d try the stock links to see if that helps. You’ll know pretty quickly if that’s your culprit.
If they're too high I'll just adjust them so that the bar is unloaded at a longer length.
I read that it's best to have them at shortest setting because that's where they are the strongest (most threads threaded).

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
They were mostly shit back then too. Except for the Monte Cristo from Bennigan's. Rest in peace, sweet sandwich prince.
It was the Turkey O'Toole for me, and their Guinness boneless wings were good too (at Bennigan's)

There's one left here in Michigan, and we drove out of our way from vacation last year to eat there lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
IDK how to pre-load when doing suspension stuff. 'lifting' the car from the wheel while the car is on jackstands seems not only dangerous but pretty much only lifts the car lol

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
CSB: A patient I treated in 2009 looked me up on FB and wants me to write a letter for him for the VA. He said his back pain wasn't in his record. I ask him if he ever sought treatment for his back. Nope, but says he mentioned it to me during an appointment for something else.

That's it, I'm going off FB. WTF.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
IDK how to pre-load when doing suspension stuff. 'lifting' the car from the wheel while the car is on jackstands seems not only dangerous but pretty much only lifts the car lol
put it on ramps is the easiest way -- I made some 2x10 stacks of varying lengths so I could just drive the car up onto them and do loaded suspension stuff, also makes oil changes much easier. I'm skeptical of the plastic ramps though.

CSB: A patient I treated in 2009 looked me up on FB and wants me to write a letter for him for the VA. He said his back pain wasn't in his record. I ask him if he ever sought treatment for his back. Nope, but says he mentioned it to me during an appointment for something else.

Nuts. Similar thing happens to me at work, people bitch about their printers as though it's going to get them anywhere. We get it, printers suck. If you don't put in a ticket, you're just gonna get the standard 'yeah, printers are jerks' response. Submit a ticket so we have a record of these things.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Dear @GTIfan99,

Please help me commit fraud.

Sincerely,

Your patient from 15 years ago.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
If they're too high I'll just adjust them so that the bar is unloaded at a longer length.
I read that it's best to have them at shortest setting because that's where they are the strongest (most threads threaded).

I use DIY wheel cribs that I made out of 2x4's to get under my car and make adjustments when it calls for the suspension to be loaded. I totally agree with it being dangerous to load the suspension with a jack though.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI

Just another "professional" veteran that wants his VA disability rating fraudulently increased but doesn't have any prior documentation. Not all of us are like that.........but I've met quite a few that constantly have their hands out, for one thing or another.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Oh come on. Don't leave us hanging, what was the link to the blog?!?!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That reads like it's straight out of KeehsGPT.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
I've found that the easiest way is to take the front bumper off and just have the car on the ground. Make your adjustments, and then tighten lock nuts afterward.
The endlinks in the back are accessible if you lay on the ground and really reach your arm back there. Make adjustments, tighten nuts afterward.

@jay745 I don't think having stiffer springs would matter. In theory, when you hit a corner and the suspension compresses, everything moves as a unit, control arm upward, bottom portion of strut upward, thus endlink upward and sway bar upward.

I'm going to totally undo them and set them so that I can adjust them at a longer length (closer to the control arm) and see if that does anything. If not, then I'll try as short as possible. If not, sell the car.