GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Wiener Declares: GoiNg tO A NEw uRL iS hARd

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
It does. Only ccta motors though not sure which one you have. It doesn't have the hole for the sensor on cbfa
CCTA gang - so what do you mean it has my name on it?

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
today has been good.

woke up at 9, grabbed some breakfast, folded clothes, went and got lunch at the japanese market a few towns over and now im just playing gran turismo and relaxing

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
does not compute

GT (and honestly pretty much all sim racing) is such a frustrating endeavor for me. Like, I get it, I'm bad, but does it need to be so obvious?
console stuff is way easy and relaxing for me bc the physics are very forgiving.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
Means it's yours for a great deal 😁
Dude no way!
There's a good chance I make my way to Ohio and Indiana for picking up stuff with the truck. Haven't considered going all the way to IL, but maybe you can meet me somewhere or we can work something out with shipping it.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Dude no way!
There's a good chance I make my way to Ohio and Indiana for picking up stuff with the truck. Haven't considered going all the way to IL, but maybe you can meet me somewhere or we can work something out with shipping it.
Let me know

Pineapple

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
does not compute

GT (and honestly pretty much all sim racing) is such a frustrating endeavor for me. Like, I get it, I'm bad, but does it need to be so obvious?
That's one reason why I've really taken to Assetto Corsa, I just drive in practice mode on courses with no laps. Cruising on Pacific Coast Highway or LA Canyon and just pushing the car within my control 🤙

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
@jay745 or anyone
Help
My sway bar is bumping into my control arm. End link is on the second of the three holes of the sway bar. I've heard it bump/clunk on both sides. The passenger side end link is on the shortest setting, so idk what I could do to give the sway bar more clearance with the control arm. Driver side is a number of twists from shortest position... maybe it's imbalanced? Idk man.
The sway bar has small scuff marks from bumping into the control arm. Both sides.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
@jay745 or anyone
Help
My sway bar is bumping into my control arm. End link is on the second of the three holes of the sway bar. I've heard it bump/clunk on both sides. The passenger side end link is on the shortest setting, so idk what I could do to give the sway bar more clearance with the control arm. Driver side is a number of twists from shortest position... maybe it's imbalanced? Idk man.
The sway bar has small scuff marks from bumping into the control arm. Both sides.
That doesn't sound right, are you riding really low? Sounds like you need shorter endlinks. Take a pic for me

Jmitchell4873

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
@jay745 or anyone
Help
It sounds like you need shorter end links.

I had a similar issue when I tried to use the adjustable end links that Fortune includes with their coilovers. It clunked twice during my little lap around the block. I have an APR FSB and eyeballed it to where it looked close to parallel, and left it there. It was actually a bit higher than parallel. I had a couple small witness marks on the CV shafts and the FSB.

I put my stock endlinks back on, which seemed like it would push it way too close to the LCA’s………but it’s been quiet and drives perfectly now. I took it out and gave it a good shake down run today. Plenty of big frost heaves and high-ish speed sweepers with mid corner bumps, and the biggest test of all is getting over the curb into my driveway.

1.5” (give or take) between the top of the LCA and the sway bar is all I’m running. If I notice any issues, I’ll just buy a better set of adjustable end links.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
That doesn't sound right, are you riding really low? Sounds like you need shorter endlinks. Take a pic for me
Not terribly low, still about 6 turns from max low on the konis. I'll grab a video once I eat din din.
I have spare stocks in my parts box. Think I threw out a set. Just didn't expect the whiteline adjustable ones to be too long. It just doesn't make sense.
They didn't use to clunk when I had stock fsb. At least I'm pretty sure it didn't clunk. Oh, actually it did (I thought it was tie rods, but now it makes sense). Well shit.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
My GTI has quite a few nice parts on it, but if I die, please don't let my wife sell it for what I told her I paid.

Remarks complete.

BAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Based
nice signature brah

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
Just noticed in the video that the axle sticker (driver side) is rubbed off at the part where the sway bar would come into contact. Not sure if from prev owner (had it lower than I did with stock endlinks) or from me.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Goddamn zoomer generation and their portrait videos.

LANDSCAPE BRO, LANDSCAPE