GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
This is where I may get irritated and may aggressively ride the lines in my truck... please hit me and burn the "saved time" you just got from driving like an idiot.

Another fun 'monday' story. I drove about 20 hours this weekend in the truck and usually keep about a car length or more in front of me because when fully loaded I cannot be confident I'll stop in time compared to say... the gti with 4 pot calipers all the way around. Occasionally someone will take it as an invitation to cut me off. Where are you going to go for the next 3 hours as we ride the turnpike? They usually fall back or speed up rather than deal with the truck giving them new insight into how dirty their car's cabin is. Some idiot did not manage to lose me as we hit miles of construction bringing the highway down to one lane. He was happy. /s
......elaborate

4 pots in the rear?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Some places freeze their pies and ship them across the U.S. One of our friends send us some pizza from Lou Malnati's to me in MA. It's not the same as if it was fresh, but it wasn't terrible either.

It is however not cheap.

https://ship.giordanos.com/#_ga=2.179796966.397895567.1654029158-416476641.1654029158
https://www.tastesofchicago.com/cat...rce=LM&utm_medium=Web&utm_campaign=Global_Nav

As long as you're getting either 4 or 6 pizza's, it's not that bad tbh. 2x Pizzas @ $36.50/ea is a rip-off. But getting 6x of them @ $22/ea? That's not bad. Last time I ordered non-Domino's pizza (which is nasty, btw. Domino's, not the non-Domino's pizza...), it was $72 for 3x pizza's delivered, so $24/ea.

1654031066685.png

I think people are so used to seeing nasty Domino's pizza for $5/ea that they forget a good pizzeria pizza can average to $20 or more easily.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
......elaborate

4 pots in the rear?

Then you can have 4 pot brakes not do anything instead of floating caliper brakes not doing anything!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Some places freeze their pies and ship them across the U.S. One of our friends send us some pizza from Lou Malnati's to me in MA. It's not the same as if it was fresh, but it wasn't terrible either.

It is however not cheap.

https://ship.giordanos.com/#_ga=2.179796966.397895567.1654029158-416476641.1654029158
https://www.tastesofchicago.com/cat...rce=LM&utm_medium=Web&utm_campaign=Global_Nav

Both of those links mention "heart shaped" pizza. Is heart shaped deep dish pizza a thing?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Reminds me of Dippin' Dots. Like real ones, not the ones you get from a vending machine outside of Wal-Mart. I always want my wife to order me a bulk bag of them, which like $70. But it's another $120 for shipping and she never does :(

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
There's plenty of rear bbk options for gtis 🤷
For the mk6 maybe, I've only seen a neuspeed kit for the mk7

We just swapped my rear pads and calipers last week. They're the same stock pads/rotors that came on my car 50k miles ago. I drive like such an asshole my front pads were worn to the squealer and the rotor had a lip at 35k. The two rears we took off this past weekend easily have 50% life left. Other than matching the drillled/slotted front there was no reason to change them out. I ordered new pads because I assumed at 50k they had to be near the end and that was a waste. TL: DR - the rears do nothing on this car, so why would someone want 4 pot rears? Are you changing out master cylinder at the same time as well? If you are, what are you using?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
As long as you're getting either 4 or 6 pizza's, it's not that bad tbh. 2x Pizzas @ $36.50/ea is a rip-off. But getting 6x of them @ $22/ea? That's not bad. Last time I ordered non-Domino's pizza (which is nasty, btw. Domino's, not the non-Domino's pizza...), it was $72 for 3x pizza's delivered, so $24/ea.

View attachment 250936

I think people are so used to seeing nasty Domino's pizza for $5/ea that they forget a good pizzeria pizza can average to $20 or more easily.
assuming you have the freezer space for 6 deep dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.