GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
By longer light what I mean is 2 seconds lol.

I'm amazed at the amount of people who stop at a red light, leave a full car length between them and the next car, and then close up one by one so I have to move up constantly or I'm the guy with a full car between.

Finally had my chance a couple weeks ago. Someone had 1.5 car lengths in front of them at a left turn light. I came up the straight lane and pulled between them and the stop line.

was a good day.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
But bigger rotors and calipers look cooler... Even on the rear....
why do all the work when you can get drilled and slotted rotor covers, like we did in the early 00's

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Finally had my chance a couple weeks ago. Someone had 1.5 car lengths in front of them at a left turn light. I came up the straight lane and pulled between them and the stop line.

was a good day.

Catching people sleeping is a great way to beat traffic! What I hate seeing is when people do that in front of semis or other heavy vehicles. They aren't leaving all that distance for you, asshole.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
@Javwohl is on stock brake fluid. Ebc pads. Slotted rotors from… fuck I don’t remember

brakes felt great, I was the passenger and imo from what I’ve noticed. The gti’s biggest brake issue is pedal goes soft a bit sooner than anticipated

I sadly never got to track the GTI enough to really figure out what needed to be addressed. Plus the day I was a passenger in Javwhol’s car, he just punched it a few times, took a few turns aggressively.

so definitely not enough to call the experience “data” but enough to determine his shit (brakes) feels better than mine. I’m on stock rotors pads fluid etc

@GTIfan99 any knowledge u can kick down for me bro? I feel like the gti’s brakes are enough for its weight but rbf600 and pads would be huge.

edit: stop tech! His rotors are stop tech. Sorry.
Reported for asking a car question in CSB.

Ban.

PP are fine for periodic track days with good fluid, pads and RS3 deflectors.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Anybody remember those discs you could stick inside your wheel to lock the brake dust inside lol? I tried to " " it but just turned up a bunch of ricer caliper covers.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I used to order it and build it like a philly style pizza. not bad
The crust is somewhat acceptable but I can't get past that sauce. It's like tomato paste with corn syrup.

We had a Pizza Hut Express in town for a while. Their thin crust wasn't bad at all. Not great, but not disgusting. They used to have these member deals where you could get a two topping pizza and a half dozen wings for $11. I miss that place.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
The crust is somewhat acceptable but I can't get past that sauce. It's like tomato paste with corn syrup.

We had a Pizza Hut Express in town for a while. Their thin crust wasn't bad at all. Not great, but not disgusting. They used to have these member deals where you could get a two topping pizza and a half dozen wings for $11. I miss that place.

Woah, that's a DEAL. I can barely find a decent dozen wings for $11. Though the H Mart near me makes some in-house fried chicken that's pretty damn good and you can buy half a bird for only $12. Loads of different sauces.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
20220531_175316.jpg

I know this aint ricer spotted but this was a treat in the drive home..

Over fenders looks bad on everything change my mind

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Woah, that's a DEAL. I can barely find a decent dozen wings for $11. Though the H Mart near me makes some in-house fried chicken that's pretty damn good and you can buy half a bird for only $12. Loads of different sauces.
This was three or so years ago, so it would probably be $18 now.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
View attachment 250946

I know this aint ricer spotted but this was a treat in the drive home..

Over fenders looks bad on everything change my mind

Over fenders only look good on 70s/80s cars, particularly JDM. There are a few 90s exceptions, but overall overfenders look worse the more modern of a car they go on.

Edit: like, this is tasty.

1654036294102.png

Edit2: i am sprung

1654036330277.png

Edit3: but super mega king kong extra NOT this :sick:

1654036381763.png

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Status
Not open for further replies.