GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
CSB:

While I was gone, my friend sold his Subaru to get an S3 from Carvanna back in Dec. Not even an hour later of having it... car goes into limp mode. Got an error code for the cam "shift" actuators or along the lines like that. The car was heavily neglected and to this day is still dealing with the limp mode issue despite replacing plugs, coil and a few cam actuators.

Note to self: Don't buy from Carvanna.

Funny enough, my buddy with the 8V S3 got it from Carvana :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, if it happened an hour after having it and was giving codes like that, it's on him for not returning that shit to Carvana right away within their 7 day window.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
B.O.A.T.

Break
Out
Another
Thousand

They are fun but a lot of work.
The good news for boat dealers is, everyone thinks they're special, it'll be cheaper for them to own, and they're going to use it all the time.

My HOA has an RV/boat storage lot that says otherwise for 99% of people. They're just rotting away under tarps.

On the brightside, that narcissistic optimism allows us to live vicariously through sterkrazzy.

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
Funny enough, my buddy with the 8V S3 got it from Carvana :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, if it happened an hour after having it and was giving codes like that, it's on him for not returning that shit to Carvana right away within their 7 day window.
Yup! we in fact did tell him "hey go ahead and return it if you want, you literally got 7 days" but said he will be fine and get it fixed. He is at a point where he regrets rushing because his ideal car was to get an m240i lol. But hey you live and ya learn!

Still a cool looking car tho just got some hiccups lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Making my first car parts purchase in a long time.
Maintenance items and a fire extinguisher w/ mount for the R. Also have to replace the horns on the R since they shit themselves somehow.
Maintenance items for the Treg.

Wookies prep. :)
Kollin! I need an apr catback for my rs3. It's not out yet, but if you hear any inside info let me know. I think I'll order one as soon as it's available.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
The good news for boat dealers is, everyone thinks they're special, it'll be cheaper for them to own, and they're going to use it all the time.

My HOA has an RV/boat storage lot that says otherwise for 99% of people. They're just rotting away under tarps.

On the brightside, that narcissistic optimism allows us to live vicariously through sterkrazzy.

Having owned boats and my folks not only owning a bunch but living abroad for 12yrs, I know this all too well. People always pissing a pile of money away on stupid holes in the water.

My boat (Sunfish) is small enough to sail on the lakes <3mi from the house, and can be trailer to water in under 5min. Plus my 8yo is showing interest in sailing, so good learner boat for him. So it makes sense. Also, paid $700 for the boat and trailer… I’ve pissed away more than that on far stupider things. If I don’t use it, I can easily sell for same price or a profit after a good cleaning and $100 in farkle.

Status
Not open for further replies.