GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Couple pictures of 2.0t BT build

cbirgl

Ready to race!

20 over'd block, head freshened up - might give some insight to those never seeing the inside of the engine.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
awesome, will be watching this thread as your build goes on!
Subbed

zooplancton

perma-grinnin'
how many miles were on the motor before build?
subscribed!

cbirgl

Ready to race!
97k on the motor before rebuild.. didn't even have much for carbon build up on valves and everything inside the motor was still like new.

Arin - we ended up with 10.25 compression. I was hoping for 9.5:1... We don't plan to push boost very hard and definitely not daily heavy boost so it shouldn't be any problem.

I actually have quite a few more pictures I'll get them in this thread since you guys have so much interest in it. Later this weekend I'll get them up!

and P.s. if you think 3076 isn't small you need to get into some faster cars. If I'm changing from stock turbo I rarely go smaller than 3071 or I don't feel it's worth my time. I've spent time in lambo's, an rs6, twin turbo vettes, street bikes, etc. so I like the speed. Also doing a 35r on a 20th AE gti right now.. that's a bigger turbo! Just my opinion.. to each his own, do what you like not what everyone else wants you to do.

Hendrik

What compression ratio did you go with?

I also want to know the CR and especially who had the idea to make a flat top piston design for a fsi?! Is this a JE standard design for the fsi? I remember another desing...

Thanks a lot and good luck...

Ok,...we posted the same time..I´m not unable to read ;)