GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coilovers recommendations

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I like my Bilstein PSS FWIW, though they only have 300 miles on them. I paired them with a bunch of other suspension stuff and 034 strut mounts. They're the Mk6 P/N ones ($1008 on TireRack, 55mm front struts, NOT the 50mm). Stiffer rates than the Mk5 application. They don't go slammed though. About the same height fully lowered as my old H&R super sports (24.5ish FRG on an 18x8 with a 225/40 tire).

cdpia1084

Car(s)
07 VW GTI
I like my Bilstein PSS FWIW, though they only have 300 miles on them. I paired them with a bunch of other suspension stuff and 034 strut mounts. They're the Mk6 P/N ones ($1008 on TireRack, 55mm front struts, NOT the 50mm). Stiffer rates than the Mk5 application. They don't go slammed though. About the same height fully lowered as my old H&R super sports (24.5ish FRG on an 18x8 with a 225/40 tire).
https://www.moddedeuros.com/products/bilstein-b14-pss-1-way-adjustable-coilover-47-127708

Are these what you have?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I want to say that's the mkv p/n which is the same fitment, just that the mk6 ones on TireRack have stiffer rates.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Do they really get stiffer at lower ride height? I'm at a 2 finger gap now. Suppose they may given that they're progressive springs.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Do they really get stiffer at lower ride height? I'm at a 2 finger gap now. Suppose they may given that they're progressive springs.

Even at their lowest it's not at all uncomfortable. These ride like sporty OEM and they are reliable for daily drivers. Highly recommend but just know that if you do want to deal with any warranty items they're very backed up so the turnaround time is closer to a month than a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Even at their lowest it's not at all uncomfortable. These ride like sporty OEM and they are reliable for daily drivers. Highly recommend but just know that if you do want to deal with any warranty items they're very backed up so the turnaround time is closer to a month than a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm planning keeping them at the height they're at now. May even raise them up to their max height if I end up buying these wheels I'm eyeing. 17x8.5 ET35 but I'd run a 245/40.