GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

clutch on big turbo car

LukeHS3

Ready to race!
what clutch setups you chaps running on your gt30 cars etc? had probs with my southbend drag clutch so wont be going southbend again..

anyone running fx725?

Car(s)
Subaru
what clutch setups you chaps running on your gt30 cars etc? had probs with my southbend drag clutch so wont be going southbend again..

anyone running fx725?

i love my fx350. i dont see you needing too much more if you arent 450whp. erics gti will prolly be some 700awhp or something.

the fx400 will be hard to daily drive and the twin disc will be something eric will have to answer

i say go with a fx350 though. how much power you talking?

LukeHS3

Ready to race!
any ideal what the fx350 is rated to? i had a southbend stage 4 drag clutch before and it shat itself in 8k miles only around 2.5 of which was on big turbo

car is running 410whp at the moment but only running 1.5bar with no wmi when fully setup on 2.0bar with wmi will do 450+

LukeHS3

Ready to race!
i am pretty sure Eurocars is running an fx700 on his car. i'm sure he will chime ine

think i did speak to him before actually.. just looking if anyone else is running it.. seems like theres not many and i dont want to go through the hassle again of pulling the trans! will be the 2nd time in 2.5k need something what will last! drivabilty on the street and noise doesnt bother me though :lol:

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
any ideal what the fx350 is rated to? i had a southbend stage 4 drag clutch before and it shat itself in 8k miles only around 2.5 of which was on big turbo

car is running 410whp at the moment but only running 1.5bar with no wmi when fully setup on 2.0bar with wmi will do 450+

I'm pretty sure you would be maxing out a fx350. Someone else would have to comment though. I plan on going with one for my f23t and I'll eventually be making almost 350whp

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Car(s)
Subaru

you might want to look at the fx400 or bigger then

Honestly, i had a hard choice on clutch decisions due to mfg rating scales being terrible.

Email your pick of the mfg and go from there.

CTS had a shop car making something like 460ish at the hubs and he ran a fx400, said it had 40k on it when they sold it.

You can email clay@ctsturbo for more info, mention mike from long island he might throw u a discount.

eod69usn

Ready to race!
fx 400 isnt too bad to dd...mine is a lot quieter than than the south bend stg 3 i had before as well

I have an fx725, rolandotx has an fx 850

I have the fx725 as well. Isnt a dd friendly clutch but my GTi is my weekend car so no biggie for me.

If i had to daily it i could but traffic is a pain in jersey. The best part about this clutch is rev matching and aggressive driving shifting. Makes the GTi feel like a racecar.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

LukeHS3

Ready to race!
I have the fx725 as well. Isnt a dd friendly clutch but my GTi is my weekend car so no biggie for me.

If i had to daily it i could but traffic is a pain in jersey. The best part about this clutch is rev matching and aggressive driving shifting. Makes the GTi feel like a racecar.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

mine is just a weekend/track car.. so you would recommend the fx725? what power do you run?

LukeHS3

Ready to race!
Honestly, i had a hard choice on clutch decisions due to mfg rating scales being terrible.

Email your pick of the mfg and go from there.

CTS had a shop car making something like 460ish at the hubs and he ran a fx400, said it had 40k on it when they sold it.

You can email clay@ctsturbo for more info, mention mike from long island he might throw u a discount.

what did you go for in the end on yours? i will give clay an email