GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clicking noise?

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
Ive been getting this clicking/ticking noise from front driverside wheel area, first i thought it was from the torn cv boot ao i replaced it.
But the noise is still there and cant figure out where its coming fron, when car is on a lift it dosent make the noise (car is started n gave gas).
Have anyone had this problem before? One mech said could be from the warped rotor? Other guy push the heat shield in(noise is still there but the aound is a little diffrent)
Help me ppl

UGFast89

The Dubster Sith
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
sounds like a bad cv joint if youre hearing the noise while driving straight. check the cv joint and the outer axle bearings.

Ryan O

Car(s)
R32 Rep
Ive been getting this clicking/ticking noise from front driverside wheel area, first i thought it was from the torn cv boot ao i replaced it.
But the noise is still there and cant figure out where its coming fron, when car is on a lift it dosent make the noise (car is started n gave gas).
Have anyone had this problem before? One mech said could be from the warped rotor? Other guy push the heat shield in(noise is still there but the aound is a little diffrent)
Help me ppl

hello i was searching a problem i have been having myself and stumbled upon this, which sounds very much like a problem i have.. if i accelerate hard-ish (bear in mind iv have a 1.9tdi) i will get "thicking"/"clicking" in the front passenger (left side) it sounds almost like the sub frame shunting back under torque or lateral movement ie. braking hard/accelerating hard...
note it only started since i got the steering rack replaced a half year ago, at first it wasn really bad now its unreal...

Is my problem similer to yours??

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
It sounds really dumb and may not be the problem since you've had the wheels off, but I had a click sound this past winter as well, at low speeds. The wheel lug bolts ended up being loose.

You said replacing the axle fixed it; is it still noise free 17 days later?