GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CIVIC si vs BRZ?

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Pretty clear its a Canadian video, but they are quoting all US figures....they are trying to say Zee instead of Zed....:D

Jchilvz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVI Golf 2.5L
FR-S...the GT83...coz it's the same shit... as the BRZ...look up the top gear episode and test...

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
of course the GTI is better lol

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
The gti should have no problem taking them on straights. Put them in the corner and the gti will fall to dead last. The Si has a stock limited slip, the FRS was made to handle with its low cog.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Of course....GTI has a better interior :lol:

But we all know that on the drive home the gti owner will be the most comfy. :D

Golfmk6 on the go!

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
The gti should have no problem taking them on straights. Put them in the corner and the gti will fall to dead last. The Si has a stock limited slip, the FRS was made to handle with its low cog.

From C&D Lightning Laps at VIR:
06 Si 3:26.5
07 GTI 3:25.1
08 Si Mugen 3:24.8
10 GTI 3:19.3
12 Si 3:24.1

Somehow I doubt the HFP package will make up almost 5 sec, but who knows....

jansonchan226

Banned
From C&D Lightning Laps at VIR:
06 Si 3:26.5
07 GTI 3:25.1
08 Si Mugen 3:24.8
10 GTI 3:19.3
12 Si 3:24.1

Somehow I doubt the HFP package will make up almost 5 sec, but who knows....

better tires might make up the 5 secs......

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Better tire on GTI might too....the 2010 car tested did have summers(Probably Dunlop something rather) on, so does the SI in 2012 if C&D's lightning lap testing methodology is to be followed(option with all performance enhancing options, Honda's summer tire is Pilot Exalto)...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
better/different tires or DRIVERS may make up the difference. I hate the LL shit from C&D.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
I really think they need to have the same type of tire - AT THE ABSOLUTE LEAST - on each car they do the LL with.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Without the same tires, and gasoline it's an unfair comparison. I do still stand by my idea that the SI should do better around the track with the LSD.

Also considering that the 9th gen Si makes 201hp w/ 170tq from it's k24. That's pretty comparable power wise to the mk6. Of course the GTI makes power low down while the Si needs vtec to kick in.