GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Just took my chances again with ECS.... set of rear brake lines. Stoptech ss lines are out of stock almost everywhere :( Tried to give our boy Kollin the sale but $16 shipping for brake lines...can't do it.

Yeah, it's out of stock with our supplier and we don't have any, and the dropship fee is high so shipping can't be covered :(

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Anyone want a set of stainless brake lines that are for 2010 and older? Got em from a buddy who had a totaled mk5. Brand new. Don't fit my car. $50 obo

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Anyone want a set of stainless brake lines that are for 2010 and older? Got em from a buddy who had a totaled mk5. Brand new. Don't fit my car. $50 obo

Attachments

• received_337657973914109.jpeg
    received_337657973914109.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 69

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I didn't read all of those posts, but attached is the semi official procedure.
Sorry thought I linked to just the procedure not the whole thread. But I will look at mine and see if I fucked something up by accident. Or if it just worked itself loose over time.. I unfortunately have to park on an incline so my brake is used every single time I am home.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Sorry thought I linked to just the procedure not the whole thread. But I will look at mine and see if I fucked something up by accident. Or if it just worked itself loose over time.. I unfortunately have to park on an incline so my brake is used every single time I am home.

The only bigger problem I could see is if the cables were so stretched you couldn't adjust it anymore.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
The only bigger problem I could see is if the cables were so stretched you couldn't adjust it anymore.
I'll have to take a look tomorrow after work and see what it all looks like. It was getting progressively worse and then tonight after I put on new rear pads, it's basically ripped all the way to the top and even then it still doesn't feel like it's biting..

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I'll have to take a look tomorrow after work and see what it all looks like. It was getting progressively worse and then tonight after I put on new rear pads, it's basically ripped all the way to the top and even then it still doesn't feel like it's biting..

Ok, did you pump the brakes back up before you pulled the lever?