GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Anyone try any of that black teeth whitening stuff?
I actually just bought some. I've only used it twice so far so I can't give it a long term review. I will say that even after the first use it made a noticeable difference and that it can also be very messy. Do not spill it LOL.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
EJ likes his teeth shiney, like his cars

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
ive had a small leak from my kitchen sink for a long time. the sprayer hose finally developed a cracked hose so replacing the whole faucet. happy monday.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I actually just bought some. I've only used it twice so far so I can't give it a long term review. I will say that even after the first use it made a noticeable difference and that it can also be very messy. Do not spill it LOL.

Oh wow , im thinking im gonna order some based off this review^ Dat EJ

Italian Deli Sub for lunch.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
How was everybody's weekend?

Snow sucks. IL sucks.

Jr. got his learner's permit Friday afternoon. Logged 4.75 hours of drive time this weekend already, including 2.5 Saturday afternoon/evening during icepocalypse. So far so good.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

Snow sucks. IL sucks.

Jr. got his learner's permit Friday afternoon. Logged 4.75 hours of drive time this weekend already, including 2.5 Saturday afternoon/evening during icepocalypse. So far so good.
Pretty good, nice and chill. Wish I had more to update but was basically lounging around all weekend

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

Snow sucks. IL sucks.
This^

Weekend was good, thanks for asking. I was really let down by the snow "storm" that they predicted .

Congrats on Jr. and good on you for bringing him out to drive in crappy weather. Thats the best way to learn...maybe throw in a snow covered empty parking lot of 2.

What vehicle is Jr. learning to drive in?

Also have you tried Copper Barrel on state yet?

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion

Snow sucks. IL sucks.

Bottom corner of the driver door card ripped off on me this weekend. The shitty aftermarket speakers that someone put it don't fit properly, and I have to find a new way to mount the speaker so I can resecure the door card. Feels like you're about to rip the whole thing off every time you use the grab handle.

Can't relate to the snow. It was hot here. Went and checked out the local Aquarium. Nice place, good way to crush 3 or so hours.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Weekend was good, thanks for asking. I was really let down by the snow "storm" that they predicted .

Congrats on Jr. and good on you for bringing him out to drive in crappy weather. Thats the best way to learn...maybe throw in a snow covered empty parking lot of 2.

What vehicle is Jr. learning to drive in?

Also have you tried Copper Barrel on state yet?

Copper Barrel? Never heard of it. Did I promise to check it out sometime and forget?

As for Jr. and crappy weather... thanks. And yeah, I did initially want to avoid it. By the time we "got out" it had started. The first ~2.5 hours were spent in a local school campus parking lot. 2 elementary schools and a middle school all on the same campus with roads connecting the schools worked out perfect.

He's clearly nervous and driving pretty slowly so in the end, he really wasn't going fast enough for the snow to really matter. We ventured out for an hour in the thick of the snow through some neighborhoods and he did fine - though he definitely tensed up whenever another car was around lol.

The state requires he have 50 hours total driving before he's eligible for his permit - with 10 of those being at night. Of the 4.75 hours he's done, only 1 was really daylight.... so he's well on his way. Makes me think 50 hours is kind of a soft requirement...

In other news... free lunch monday w00t. For the last year+, someone has been ordering a "team lunch" from Giordano's, on the 2nd Monday of every month. The food arrives, usually 4-5 pizzas, salad, etc. It gets placed in one of the conference rooms. It sits there, uneaten, until ~3:00 or so when someone eventually moves it over to the cafeteria.

We didn't know who ordered it. It just showed up. So now - we pay attention (we literally have a recurring meeting invite for the 2nd Monday at 11:30). Today we figured out which team has been ordering it. They're not even in this building, haven't been for 6-7 months. They're 7-8 blocks away. But it still comes in.

We'll take it!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Never seen or heard of the stuff until mentioned here....what brand is it?
The "Hello" stuff? (after a quick Google)
And what does it taste like?

torga

Autocross Champion
Jesus people in the burbs are clueless. I parked next to a newer a8 this morning at work. Guy had a stack of 20's just chilling out in the open on his center console.
That would've been gone within 10-15 min of him parking around here. Wow.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Goodmorning everyone

Copper Barrel? Never heard of it. Did I promise to check it out sometime and forget?

As for Jr. and crappy weather... thanks. And yeah, I did initially want to avoid it. By the time we "got out" it had started. The first ~2.5 hours were spent in a local school campus parking lot. 2 elementary schools and a middle school all on the same campus with roads connecting the schools worked out perfect.

He's clearly nervous and driving pretty slowly so in the end, he really wasn't going fast enough for the snow to really matter. We ventured out for an hour in the thick of the snow through some neighborhoods and he did fine - though he definitely tensed up whenever another car was around lol.

The state requires he have 50 hours total driving before he's eligible for his permit - with 10 of those being at night. Of the 4.75 hours he's done, only 1 was really daylight.... so he's well on his way. Makes me think 50 hours is kind of a soft requirement...

In other news... free lunch monday w00t. For the last year+, someone has been ordering a "team lunch" from Giordano's, on the 2nd Monday of every month. The food arrives, usually 4-5 pizzas, salad, etc. It gets placed in one of the conference rooms. It sits there, uneaten, until ~3:00 or so when someone eventually moves it over to the cafeteria.

We didn't know who ordered it. It just showed up. So now - we pay attention (we literally have a recurring meeting invite for the 2nd Monday at 11:30). Today we figured out which team has been ordering it. They're not even in this building, haven't been for 6-7 months. They're 7-8 blocks away. But it still comes in.

We'll take it!
- Copper barrel is a place out in hampshire, been hearing good reviews from locals

- Smart move driving in the snow, good to feel what lack of traction feels like. Maybe a few ABS stops etc.

-The state requirement used to be 30 hours iirc , i got my hours fairly quickly through private driving school and running errands

- Free lunch for the win. Odd they are still ordering lunch remotely though lol

Also if you want to see tense, shouldve seen me first week driving stick...got caught on a extremely steep hill at a light when it was snowing out with someone on my bumper. :oops: