GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicago area vag com

Boosty

Ready to race!
When i say Chicago i mean Chicago , I'm new to these forums but i have noticed when some one says Chicago they really mean (insert any 35-45+ mile suburb away from the city here)

I actually just got my mkv about a week ago and was hoping someone could deactivate my DRL and have the DRL run as fogs , as well as the option for city lights.. Gonna order my euro switch in a few days

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
I can help you out. PM me when you get the Euro switch installed. I'm in Skokie.

Boosty

Ready to race!
Bump
I pm'd you ^ no reply yet

Hopefully someone could help disable my DRL and run the fogs as DRL instead
Still haven't got my euro switch but that's not much an issue

Rickybobby

I'm Also looking for somebody that could help me out that has a VAGCOM (currently saving for one).
I just need help coding in a new can bus gateway for my RCD510 unit.
Will compensate and drive to you

ukrbeast

Illest
Car(s)
2009 V-Dub GTI
Is it possible to cancel DRL and make it so that when you turn headlights on with the OEM switch both the DRL, and Fogs turn on? Also when OEM standard fogs are engaged to have DRL, Fog, and High Beam turn on?

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Is it possible to cancel DRL and make it so that when you turn headlights on with the OEM switch both the DRL, and Fogs turn on?

When you say DRL, I'm assuming you mean your headlights? If so, the answer to this is no. You can only turn your foglights on the one way (via the headlight switch)

Also when OEM standard fogs are engaged to have DRL, Fog, and High Beam turn on?

Yes, this can be done via vag-com

ukrbeast

Illest
Car(s)
2009 V-Dub GTI
Okay, I think I need some 101 on this, because the terms are getting out of hand.

DRL- Day running lights
FTP- Flash to pass
Highbeam- Very bright motherfuckers
Headlights- Normal night time illumination.
Fog light- Lights made for foggy weather or being cool

Now my question what is the difference between FTP and High Beam? I flash my high beams. What's the difference between DRL, and Headlights when I flip my switch one click to the right? I'm guessing nothing. All I'm asking is if its possible to....
1) Cancel DRL( no lights on when car is started) -Yes
2) One flick right activates Headlights(DRL? Same Shit?) and fog lights at the same time. From what you're saying- No. From what I heard YES.
3) when switch is one flick right, and pulled out. ( Standard way of activating Fogs, and having Headlights on (DRL? Same Shit?). All three turn on, High Beam (FTP? Same shit?), Headlights on (DRL? Same Shit?), and Fog lights on. From what you said YES, from what I hear, No. I think you need a Euro Switch for that.

Goodluck understanding.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Okay, I think I need some 101 on this, because the terms are getting out of hand.

DRL- Day running lights
FTP- Flash to pass
Highbeam- Very bright motherfuckers
Headlights- Normal night time illumination.
Fog light- Lights made for foggy weather or being cool

Now my question what is the difference between FTP and High Beam? I flash my high beams. What's the difference between DRL, and Headlights when I flip my switch one click to the right? I'm guessing nothing. All I'm asking is if its possible to....
1) Cancel DRL( no lights on when car is started) -Yes
2) One flick right activates Headlights(DRL? Same Shit?) and fog lights at the same time. From what you're saying- No. From what I heard YES.
3) when switch is one flick right, and pulled out. ( Standard way of activating Fogs, and having Headlights on (DRL? Same Shit?). All three turn on, High Beam (FTP? Same shit?), Headlights on (DRL? Same Shit?), and Fog lights on. From what you said YES, from what I hear, No. I think you need a Euro Switch for that.

Goodluck understanding.

lol

FTP are the inner halogen lights in your head lights. Stock, these do nothing, they dont turn on at all (unless you pull your e brake and flash your high beams or somecrap)

The bi-xenon HID's serve as the headlight AND the high beam (hence the bi part in the name) there's a shutter that opens when you turn your highbeams on which makes the light scatter pattern larger

1) Cancel DRL( no lights on when car is started) -Yes Doable
2) One flick right activates Headlights(DRL? Same Shit?) and fog lights at the same time. From what you're saying- No. From what I heard YES. without re-wiring, no, this isn't possible via VAGCOM (as far as I know)
3) when switch is one flick right, and pulled out. ( Standard way of activating Fogs, and having Headlights on (DRL? Same Shit?). All three turn on, High Beam (FTP? Same shit?), Headlights on (DRL? Same Shit?), and Fog lights on. From what you said YES, from what I hear, No. I think you need a Euro Switch for that. With the standard light switch, one flick to the right, pulled out AND with your high beams on, you can code it so headlights & FTP & fog lights come on at the same time

FT

ukrbeast

Illest
Car(s)
2009 V-Dub GTI
lol

FTP are the inner halogen lights in your head lights. Stock, these do nothing, they dont turn on at all (unless you pull your e brake and flash your high beams or somecrap)

The bi-xenon HID's serve as the headlight AND the high beam (hence the bi part in the name) there's a shutter that opens when you turn your highbeams on which makes the light scatter pattern larger

1) Cancel DRL( no lights on when car is started) -Yes Doable
2) One flick right activates Headlights(DRL? Same Shit?) and fog lights at the same time. From what you're saying- No. From what I heard YES. without re-wiring, no, this isn't possible via VAGCOM (as far as I know)
3) when switch is one flick right, and pulled out. ( Standard way of activating Fogs, and having Headlights on (DRL? Same Shit?). All three turn on, High Beam (FTP? Same shit?), Headlights on (DRL? Same Shit?), and Fog lights on. From what you said YES, from what I hear, No. I think you need a Euro Switch for that. With the standard light switch, one flick to the right, pulled out AND with your high beams on, you can code it so headlights & FTP & fog lights come on at the same time

FT

Okay this makes a bit more sense now, I was always wondering about the inner mofos that never seem to do jack. Thanks for the explanation.