GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Calling all 17 year old golf owners

Dubber-91

Euro/Retro Modder
Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf Mk5
Hey, passed my test feb 09, (I'm 17) had a fiesta zs, payed 1200 fully comp, then bought BMW 318 in april, payed 1100, totalled it, had the payout, i now drive a 1.6 FSi and I'm paying £760 fully comp through admiral with the accident... So it's quite cheap considering, i'd definately recommend it. Best car I've ever owned no doubt

BrownBear

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV Golf
Own the same car and am 17 and I am paying £2300 with churchill (clean history aswell) What gives?

asayer

A13
Car(s)
VW Golf 2.0 GTI
Got my 1.4 FSI at 18 - was paying £1151/year (Directline)

Now 19 and its £617.95/year (with Admiral as DL have a 'no-mods' policy for under 25s :thumbdown:) - Includes Alloys and Tint AND girlfield (19 too) as named driver (not that she'll be driving it obv!:rolleyes:)

Very Happy :D

Dubber-91

Euro/Retro Modder
Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf Mk5
Own the same car and am 17 and I am paying £2300 with churchill (clean history aswell) What gives?

Think its alot to do with the area you live in? I live in a really quiet village, pretty much no car crime etc... but still. I got quoted £1800 on a mk4 1.8 20v turbo... and £3900 on my dads subaru :S i expected my premiums to fly sky high when i crashed...

Car(s)
2006 mkv
im 17 and i own a 2006 candy white GTI. its the picture below. i love the car but i run 2 jobs and go to school . FML but its worth it when i drive it

lukeyboy

the way a 17yr old would drive, mpg's out the window, your goin to be bootin it everywhere. i would go with the cheaper insurance and you can always but a k&n filter on the 1.6 and that would bring the hp up to 122

p.s the 1.6 does 120mph as well ... so ive been told...

Yeeaahhhh they do haha. :thumbup:

omeydz

BARGAIN RETROFITS!*PM ME*
Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
Iv got a 2007 1.4FSI, no accidents, 5 yrs NCB , NCD protection, fully comp and RAC breakdown from Aviva for 525! Im 23.

Nibs

Alright, Im turning 17 very soon and was just interested in how much young people are paying on either the 1.4 or 1.6 and who they are with?
Cheers:thumbsup:

I could only dream of driving a Mk5 at the age of 17 let alone a 1.6!

Im 21 now driving a MK5 GT TDi 170 and that still costs me about a grand ! (With admiral btw)