GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Calling all 17 year old golf owners

Ian

Diesel Power
yer insurance is soo stupid on new drivers, they need a filtering system for the people that dnt know how to drive ! Ive only had mine like 2 days though and i think ive spent the entire 2 days in my car.

Crimson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GOLF
yer insurance is soo stupid on new drivers, they need a filtering system for the people that dnt know how to drive ! Ive only had mine like 2 days though and i think ive spent the entire 2 days in my car.

Unfortuntely the problem is that a majority of chavs (The US guys call them ricers I think) feck it up for eveyone else starting out on their driving license as a majority of them think they are actually in the Fast & the Furious due to their genetic inbreeding and limited intelligence

They cruise around in their poorly modded piles of steaming sh*te that they buy off "the dodgy fella down the street" and when they actually try to control their car like the pros they end up in a wall or a lamp post :paddle:

Boom! up goes the insurance prices for everyone else around their age (their mental age being 4-5 yrs old of course) :drool:

BTW Im not at all biased against chavs LOL!! :biggrin:

aaran7

hey dude im 21 got a 1.4 golf s cost me £643 through a broker with co op insurance but i had really good quotes with fluxdirect and adrian flux there both part of the same company online quotes pretty good as well check out www.moneysavingexpert.com he has some pretty cool money saving things on there, i had my license since august 2007 and i got 3 yrs no claims bonus. swiftcover wasnt bad either. good luck

vorsprung jerk technique

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf TDI
Thought about a diesel? I know not up there in coolness but will be cheaper to run insure and tax! Oh and wipe the floor with the 1.6, gti performance without the cost! :thumbsup:

Crimson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GOLF
Thought about a diesel? I know not up there in coolness but will be cheaper to run insure and tax! Oh and wipe the floor with the 1.6, gti performance without the cost! :thumbsup:

dude I had a MK4 GTI T (150bhp) before my Golf GT TDI (140bhp) and the insurance group is the same - it actually cost me slightly more to move to the GT TDI, of course the insurance comp couldn't give me a valid reason :paddle:

but you are right about the tax and running costs - 55 mpg on avg and £66 for 6 mths tax :thumbsup:

I was getting 35mpg on the GTI T and it cost me £105 for 6mths tax :frown:

asayer

A13
Car(s)
VW Golf 2.0 GTI
19 YO, 1.4 FSI Quote

I'm 18, got a 1.4FSI MkV.

Currently paying £1151.65/year fully comp.
Renewal quote for September is £841, or £891 with my girlfriend on the policy (shes 19)

Pretty good deal me thinks :happyanim:

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
get a diesel, will wreck anything that's not a gti or r32, an look sexy too

jamiewright

Each to their own!
get anything turbo diesel and remap it, its the fastest your gonna go at our age

Ian

Diesel Power
im 17, mk 5 gt 140 tdi, 650 quid.

jamiewright

Each to their own!

Ian

Diesel Power
firstly pray your dad either owns his own business or u have loads of cars, then you can go onto business insurance, or a fleet policy, bam cheers for the insanley cheap car insurance !

also jamie what have u done to your front uper grill ? looks nice, is that a tdi ?