Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
going to be finished for SoWo?
Hope so!

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
:thumbsup: on the wheel DIY. What you doing with the inserts? Polished or paint? Keeping this thread updated with pics of the progress would be cool.:biggrin: pm me if I can help but dowt there is much I can tell you,what you don't already know.

JAK-RBT

SofaKingSlow
Car(s)
'08 MKV Rabbit
:thumbsup: on the wheel DIY. What you doing with the inserts? Polished or paint? Keeping this thread updated with pics of the progress would be cool.:biggrin: pm me if I can help but dowt there is much I can tell you,what you don't already know.

Thanks dude. Not sure about the caps yet. Might try and run no center caps or do custom caps.

I will try and keep this updated as often as possible. This is my first time polishing anything. It took me 4 hours just to strip the paint off the face of one wheel. Lol gonna be a long process on top of keeping up with school and work.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Please tell me you arent doing this all by hand?
Polishing is soooooooooo much easier with power tools (dremel or a drill attachment), just turn the speed down and take it easy.

IMHO it would look funny without center caps on your wheels.

Can't wait to see the results!

JAK-RBT

SofaKingSlow
Car(s)
'08 MKV Rabbit
No most of the sanding will be done with power tools. Just the beginning sanding will be done by hand.

And if I can get the crome paint to match the polish I will run the center caps. Just a little worried it won't match. Plus I actually kinda like the way they look without the caps but that's just me

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
hmm not bad, looks much better than I pictured in my head.
Maybe just find a small center cap so that gunk doesnt get to the axle bolt?