GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best price for APR HPFP rebuild online?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
ugh, looks like I'm stuck waiting for an APR sale then. At least its still winter and I can't catch traction as it is with all the ice/salt/sand on the roads. Maybe there will be a sale by spring

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
I'd suspect the post-upgrade test has a near 100% pass rate ...probably more of a marketing purpose than anything else.

The test machine cost us quite a bit of money and takes quite a bit of money and time to maintain. It's all built in house, all the way down to the logic board that controls the entire system. It actually delayed the release of our HPFP by several months and we all know time is money. Marketing? Good engineering practices are always good for marketing but that's just because everyone knows how important it really is.

What we mostly see are failed solenoids, which means people upgrading their pumps w/o testing it would simply slap in our parts (or someone elses) and upgrade a broken pump. The broken part, the solenoid, would still be broken and would be hard to diagnose.

Other than that, you are right that we don't have many failures post upgrade. This is because the tolerances on the parts are so tight and so tightly controlled. But, as with anything, we could get a bad batch and we would never know it unless the pump was tested after being built.

That's why we have the test machine.

:thumbsup:

Zach L

VR junkie
Other than that, you are right that we don't have many failures post upgrade. This is because the tolerances on the parts are so tight and so tightly controlled. But, as with anything, we could get a bad batch and we would never know it unless the pump was tested after being built.

Have you guys ever had a "bad batch" with post-upgrade failures?

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
The test machine cost us quite a bit of money and takes quite a bit of money and time to maintain. It's all built in house, all the way down to the logic board that controls the entire system. It actually delayed the release of our HPFP by several months and we all know time is money. Marketing? Good engineering practices are always good for marketing but that's just because everyone knows how important it really is.

What we mostly see are failed solenoids, which means people upgrading their pumps w/o testing it would simply slap in our parts (or someone elses) and upgrade a broken pump. The broken part, the solenoid, would still be broken and would be hard to diagnose.

That's why we have the test machine.

:thumbsup:

Where's the like button ?? Well put man.

vagike

USPMotorsports does core exchanges for APR pumps.