GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best price for APR HPFP rebuild online?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
Looking to go stage II+, where is the best deal right now for an APR HPFP? I remember last year seeing prices around $500 from a variety of places. I can't see pending more than that, and I can't seem to find any going in the classifieds (used) right now either.
:happyanim:

604GTI

#yoloSWAG
Just wait until the next APR sale and send your pump out. If you don't wanna do that just pick up a used pump off the classifieds then send it in.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
I have a spare OEM pump, just waiting for a good sale.. right now APR is running $650 and that is a bit pricey for a rebuilt pump in my eyes.. might just be me I guess.

Cbus mkv

Lowcally Famous
this question have have already been answered a million times but can i get any brand hpfp build and go apr stage 2+?
im apr stage 2 right now

Voices Off Camera

Ready to race!
this question have have already been answered a million times but can i get any brand hpfp build and go apr stage 2+?
im apr stage 2 right now

You can, but I wouldn't personally. It is hit or miss on the reliability of other pumps due to the parts or install error. The problem is a miss could have a significant impact on your engine.

apollosfury

designeddwk
I have a spare OEM pump, just waiting for a good sale.. right now APR is running $650 and that is a bit pricey for a rebuilt pump in my eyes.. might just be me I guess.

i'm also waiting for the next APR sale. Also, if anyone has any details on how the rebuild is processed/tracked, etc it would be nice to know how apr knows to expct it (if you go through a retailer and not directly through APR).

im apr stage 2 right now

you can...autotech, kmd, awe, and apr have all made fuel pump rebuilds or replacements, and there have been horror/success stories for all of the companies. it has been recognized by most, though, that the bench testing that apr does with their pumps minimizes the margin for assembly error.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
wait until apr has sale itll be $551 then

apollosfury

designeddwk
^ haha, that might be a bad business decision because then people would just wait.

Zach L

VR junkie
In my opinion, AWE has the 2nd best HPFP option. They had a video on there old site about it and I would feel very safe with their kit. Seems that it's on backorder ATM.

alphabits

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'06 GLI
I would stick with APR. The testing they do pre and post build is well worth the price and peace of mind knowing that the chance of error is slim to nil.

Zach L

VR junkie
I would stick with APR. The testing they do pre and post build is well worth the price and peace of mind knowing that the chance of error is slim to nil.

I'd suspect the post-upgrade test has a near 100% pass rate ...probably more of a marketing purpose than anything else.

alphabits

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'06 GLI
I know of at least one instance on the forums here where someone has sent his HPFP off to APR and they rejected it because it couldn't hold pressure. However, I dunno if this was pre or post testing.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

This.

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
You won't find cheaper prices for APR parts anywhere online as they keep control of those prices, so what they sell them for is what everyone sells them for. The only thing I found is some places may offer cheaper shipping than others.