GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bags>Coils>Bags?

Alexvr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI(GONE) 09 GTI
i went bags because i was destroying my car going up and down my driveway

there are many options when going air, manual using paddles, valves/manifolds using switches and full digital like accuair, ridetech or easy street

ideally i would sell your current coilovers as a whole and purchase either airlift, masontech or bagyard struts. your stock rear shocks will be fine, they can tuck 18's aired out but i would probably buy koni shocks for cheap

you can get away with a simple setup like manual paddles, 3 gallon tank and 1 compressor

pm "dorbritz" on vortex, he just built one for a mk4 and i have personally seen it. simple, reliable and works!
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4783463&page=1

that is sick! would i be able to run any bags on this setup?

BossDuB27

Illuminati
how much is your kit grand total? 2600?

Alexvr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI(GONE) 09 GTI
you might want to change ur sig pic now ... no more statik low :biggrin:
lol not until i get airrred up, im on springs right now, the car looks soooo bad haha but soon. i still havent received my fronts, still waiting on it damit!! lol
You can run any bag option you want. You eliminate the electric valves/manifolds with this kind of set up.
what are the pros and cons vs his kit and a regularr kit
how much is your kit grand total? 2600?
yep 2600 and some change. havent ordered it yet, my car is getting some work done as we speak so air is on a tad hold :biggrin:

Jonny_5

Ready to race!

typically a paddle valve setup is cheaper with less parts to maintain. I don't think you can run digital management with paddle valves. It might also require running more air lines compared with a valve/manifold setup.

BLKSUNSHINE

Banned
Car(s)
BAGGED MKV GTI
lol not until i get airrred up, im on springs right now, the car looks soooo bad haha but soon. i still havent received my fronts, still waiting on it damit!! lol

yep 2600 and some change. havent ordered it yet, my car is getting some work done as we speak so air is on a tad hold :biggrin:

I'm updating my front struts/bags this weekend.

My old setup is in mint mint condition and will get you to lay frame pretty easy.. Hit me up before I post them up for sale on the vortex. :thumbsup:

Alexvr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI(GONE) 09 GTI
I'm updating my front struts/bags this weekend.

My old setup is in mint mint condition and will get you to lay frame pretty easy.. Hit me up before I post them up for sale on the vortex. :thumbsup:

aw man i just got my airlifts in today, the fronts only. thanks tho, masontech?

Alexvr, I am on the same boat.

Thinking about going with the new Airlift XL kit also.

Still debating either manual or digital.