GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi TT Suspension Arms

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
It's hard to judge whats worth it when it comes to these cars. It's a mod that comes way down the list on the mod path.

I am considering this now that someone did the math for me. I just ordered the WALK and am wondering if the a-arm is compatible with the kit?
It is, Johnny C ran that set up in is ED30 in the UK.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
Danke schön! :thumbsup:

I had not seen a picture of the arms until recently... all I can think now is polish time and what it would take to chrome the rears.

Shouldn't be to hard. I had planned on having a custom hub mount made for shows for that reason. This wy you can remove at least one wheel & lay down some mirrors so that all may behold the bling.

LePatron

Ready to race!
thats over $700... is it really worth it?

I've come to the conclusion that satisfaction from improved handling through mods to the suspension, brakes, etc. is much more lasting than an increase in engine performance. For me, adding HP is great until you just get used to it whereas getting the car dialed in on the handling front leaves me wanting to drive the thing all day. So yeah $700 is a lot of coin for any mod but it's nearly half of what I paid for my TBE and provides much greater improvement to to car's overall performance. :thumbsup:

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
Well said LePatron. It's SOO easy to go fast in a straight line, but it just gets old. Cornering is so much more rewarding.

Anyway I had a question for you. Would it be possible to just put the Audi TT ball joints on the stock control arms? The holes look like they have the same pattern.

EL_3grab

Beast from Middle East
Something missing here

To have the "Higher center of roll" you will need the TT spindles, The ball joint mounting point on the TT spindle is actually lower (as shown in the SSP) than A3,S3,GTI.

A3, S3 or GTI shares the same spindle either its cast aluminum or steel

The TT spindles part# 8J0 407 253 D & 8J0 407 254 D

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
Something missing here

To have the "Higher center of roll" you will need the TT spindles, The ball joint mounting point on the TT spindle is actually lower (as shown in the SSP) than A3,S3,GTI.

But what about the ball joints? Can you swap just the ball joints?

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
Something missing here

wow, that is another $700 buck on top of arms and ball joints :cry:

LePatron

Ready to race!
$256.32 each so about $515 plus any miscellaneous hardware; I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up a set to install. These will add 13 mm or about 1/2" to the front track per side so I need to figure out how to best deal with that.
As far as trying to use the TT ball joints on the stock steel arm I'm not certain that they will fit properly. There is a dimple on the underside of the arm that will have to be removed. The stud hole seem the same but I'm not sure if the steel arms have the width to accommodate the ball joint plate. I should have checked before installing mine.

EL_3grab

Beast from Middle East
$256.32 each so about $515 plus any miscellaneous hardware; I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up a set to install. These will add 13 mm or about 1/2" to the front track per side so I need to figure out how to best deal with that.
As far as trying to use the TT ball joints on the stock steel arm I'm not certain that they will fit properly. There is a dimple on the underside of the arm that will have to be removed. The stud hole seem the same but I'm not sure if the steel arms have the width to accommodate the ball joint plate. I should have checked before installing mine.

and I think you also need the wheel bearing, it's different part# 8J0 598 625

Just wait for the H2Sport spindles, hopefully they will cost less and definitely better geometry

LePatron

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info, EL. Where is there talk about the H2Sport spindles? I want to know more about them.