GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Are performance mods really worth the money?

redback

ftmfw
Hi Paolo. :)
How is your modded Pirelli going?
Broken any speed limits recently?

hahaha thats a secret. But i agree with alot of the for and against sides of this argument. Stage 1 wasnt enough for me so had to go higher and once the mod bug hit, it just didnt stop! looking back now i can't believe i spent so much. True its hard to use all the power on the streets a majority of the time, but i'm still very happy with how it is now but now plan to direct my income towards other interests.

very good thread you brought up i gotta admit. In regards to the r35, i read somewhere else that they built it so that theres no need to modify any aspect of it even down to the wheels but nothng stops the tuners.

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
hahaha thats a secret. But i agree with alot of the for and against sides of this argument. Stage 1 wasnt enough for me so had to go higher and once the mod bug hit, it just didnt stop! looking back now i can't believe i spent so much. True its hard to use all the power on the streets a majority of the time, but i'm still very happy with how it is now but now plan to direct my income towards other interests.

very good thread you brought up i gotta admit. In regards to the r35, i read somewhere else that they built it so that theres no need to modify any aspect of it even down to the wheels but nothng stops the tuners.

Pffft..You still need brakes, tyres etc..

What are these other interests!

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Pffft..You still need brakes, tyres etc..

What are these other interests!

Yeah Paolo, you can't stop now. BBK. You gotta have some anchors for that missile you have created.

Don't worry about the pretty girls right now ("other interests"?), you still have a lot of time for that. Still young and good looking - unlike some here (me). :)

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Opps, I thought Shannon could drive manual, sorry my bad. :thumbsup:

Ya. That was me.
I could just leave it in 2nd...
Or was it 5th?

Of course, if it shift like the arcade game "Daytona" then I CAN drive manual!
[chuckles as he shifts effortlessly from 4th to 2nd then back to 4th...]

10d

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 CW 5dr. GTI
Haven't posted here in a while now, but here goes.

Modding car is an addiction. Know your limit, know your budget then you will be fine.

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
A favourite piece from a favourite, fun movie, kind of applicable to mod addiction:

Frank Lopez: Lesson number one: Don't underestimate the other guy's greed! [laughing] Elvira Hancock: Lesson number two: Don't get high on your own supply.

:D

tinto

bitch please
Car(s)
2009 Pirelli GTI
for those that keep saying KW V3s are pointless and harsh, has obviously never tried them.

i love my V3s and it has made a massive difference to the car. i'm glad i got these and not SHSs (which are made my KW as well) as they offer so much adjustment to get them how you want. if anything, i regret not getting the Clubsports.

also, the only time i got my bumper caught on a concrete stopper was when i was at stock ride height. so go figure LOL.

I don't know if I'd say they are harsh, but you can make them harsh if you try.

I do believe that for a daily driver they are overkill in terms of the adjustments available, but the same adjustments negate the desire to add other stuff like swaybars, so balance out the additional cost.
Without checking my earlier posts, I'd say the V2 would have satisfied me enough, but you only get that perspective when you buy the higher model then try something else :)

FWIW, I've just installed some KW clubsports in my S15 - driving the S15 to the workshop this morning then the Golf to the office put the harshness into perspective. Same adjustments as the V3 (just as much of a pain in the ass to adjust), and stiffer springs with camber tops.

In my opinion, not enough of a gap for you to have any regrets with the V3s in your car, BY :)

The Tein SuperStreets that were in that car before don't even come close to the ClubSports in terms of damping feel. The car is soaking up bumps but staying very very flat. To get the Teins to behave that way they just became harsh as the adjustments are bound to one another. Can be a bit irritating on the street.

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
Haven't posted here in a while now, but here goes.

Modding car is an addiction. Know your limit, know your budget then you will be fine.

I don't like limits Tendy! That just stops my modding...:lol:

mleung

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
I don't like limits Tendy! That just stops my modding...:lol:

That's because your budget is quite large!!

If only I didn't get married, didn't buy a house, didn't have a kid then maybe I can afford modding my car..... Or I can just earn more money.