GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone get GTAIV?

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
Wed May 7, 8:15 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Take-Two Interactive Software Inc (TTWO.O) scored more than $500 million in global sales of criminal action game "Grand Theft Auto 4" in its first week, marking what it said on Wednesday is one of the most lucrative entertainment events in history.

The interactive software publisher, which is facing a takeover offer from rival Electronic Arts Inc (ERTS.O), said it sold about 3.6 million units globally at its debut on April 29, and some 6 million units in total in the week.

Retail chains such as GameStop Corp (GME.N) and Best Buy Co Inc (BBY.N) took advance orders for weeks of GTA 4, which has been lavished with near-universal accolades.

The first-week sales of Grand Theft Auto, a game hailed as a brutal and satirical masterpiece equal to films like "The Godfather," beat the $400 million scored by last year's "Halo 3" from Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O).

"Grand Theft Auto IV's first week performance represents the largest launch in the history of interactive entertainment, and we believe these retail sales levels surpass any movie or music launch to date," said Strauss Zelnick, chairman of Take-Two, in a statement.

Made by Take-Two's Rockstar studio, the game casts players as an Eastern European immigrant who runs drugs, shoots cops and beats up prostitutes after falling in with a crime syndicate -- stuff that has drawn fire from family groups and politicians.

Take-Two shares closed on Tuesday at $26.35 on Nasdaq, higher than EA's offer price of $25.74 per share. Take-Two management has rejected EA's offer as too low and has suggested that it might start discussions once the game was launched.

(Reporting by Franklin Paul; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
There was also an excellent article in Newsweek this week on the game..

thought it was kinda strange..

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
Brucie is hysterical everything that comes out of his mouth is gold

Genetically superior :lol:

:biggrin:

And I love the way Nico is always winding him up about doing juice and the size of his balls. LOFL.

wilytech

Ready to race!
I HATE the driving in this game. It's so hard to control...makes driving a huge chore and especially after you unlock the entire city and have to drive for like 5+ min to get somewhere. Driving's only tight in a few of the most ridiculous cars in the game

Lucidity

Marx
Wed May 7, 8:15 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Take-Two Interactive Software Inc (TTWO.O) scored more than $500 million in global sales of criminal action game "Grand Theft Auto 4" in its first week, marking what it said on Wednesday is one of the most lucrative entertainment events in history.

The interactive software publisher, which is facing a takeover offer from rival Electronic Arts Inc (ERTS.O), said it sold about 3.6 million units globally at its debut on April 29, and some 6 million units in total in the week.

Retail chains such as GameStop Corp (GME.N) and Best Buy Co Inc (BBY.N) took advance orders for weeks of GTA 4, which has been lavished with near-universal accolades.

The first-week sales of Grand Theft Auto, a game hailed as a brutal and satirical masterpiece equal to films like "The Godfather," beat the $400 million scored by last year's "Halo 3" from Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O).

"Grand Theft Auto IV's first week performance represents the largest launch in the history of interactive entertainment, and we believe these retail sales levels surpass any movie or music launch to date," said Strauss Zelnick, chairman of Take-Two, in a statement.

Made by Take-Two's Rockstar studio, the game casts players as an Eastern European immigrant who runs drugs, shoots cops and beats up prostitutes after falling in with a crime syndicate -- stuff that has drawn fire from family groups and politicians.

Take-Two shares closed on Tuesday at $26.35 on Nasdaq, higher than EA's offer price of $25.74 per share. Take-Two management has rejected EA's offer as too low and has suggested that it might start discussions once the game was launched.

(Reporting by Franklin Paul; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)

Hence why I bought even more shares when it was down at 15 dollars a few months back!

SilentSnake510

Rollin Deep
I HATE the driving in this game. It's so hard to control...makes driving a huge chore and especially after you unlock the entire city and have to drive for like 5+ min to get somewhere. Driving's only tight in a few of the most ridiculous cars in the game

yeha its really hard to control the cars.. the driving model is off... u cant powerslide, and way to hard to turn the car through the corner... im not expecting forza style driving but i expected better. thank god im done with the game so now i cheat and just spawn helicopters whenever i need to go somewhere :thumbsup:

Raddicted

Perfectly insane

I think you will find it easier as you get used to it. I found it strange at first but after a while it becomes second nature. It is supposed to be exaggerated and more "comic book" style I believe for added chaos and action. It's certainly no Forza for sure!

Or you can just hail cabs and they will take you immediately to your waypoints for $20-50. I am using cabs more now as it's the quickest way to get around by far.

Lucidity

Marx
yeha its really hard to control the cars.. the driving model is off... u cant powerslide, and way to hard to turn the car through the corner... im not expecting forza style driving but i expected better. thank god im done with the game so now i cheat and just spawn helicopters whenever i need to go somewhere :thumbsup:

I think you will find it easier as you get used to it. I found it strange at first but after a while it becomes second nature. It is supposed to be exaggerated and more "comic book" style I believe for added chaos and action. It's certainly no Forza for sure!

Or you can just hail cabs and they will take you immediately to your waypoints for $20-50. I am using cabs more now as it's the quickest way to get around by far.

Really? I think the driving is much improved over the previous games. What version are you playing, because I know personally I have far less control with the PS3 dualshock than with the 360 controller.

wilytech

Ready to race!
Oh I know it's not supposed to be forza but I think Rockstar does the midnight club games so...give me something. But yeah I do take cabs everywhere. Sometimes annoying though to steal a car just to drive to someplace where there are more cabs. Plus I was specifically talking about the missions driving to and from and add if you fail you get to make the same damn drive again.

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
Shooting while driving can be tricky though.

wilytech

Ready to race!
Still won't? I bought mine the first week I think with no reserve

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
nope... what an ass, he had a lot of copies too... i got the "i only have enough for the people that reserved" excuse (from two different gamestops)