GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone get GTAIV?

aduiopt

Ready to race!
Has anyone tried playing in multiplayer? I just picked up the game for the PS3 and was wondering how the service is and whether or not I should exchange it for the 360 version.

Lucidity

Marx
Has anyone tried playing in multiplayer? I just picked up the game for the PS3 and was wondering how the service is and whether or not I should exchange it for the 360 version.

360 does have the exclusive DLC...

audiracer2002

Passed Driver's Ed
I played for about 7-8 hours while borrowing from a friend and wasn't that impressed. It's a large environment and all that which is great (and impressive) but the gameplay and speed isn't that great. It's too slow paced. I mean, I've gone on a couple of dates, driven some people around, checked out the strip club, gone bowling and shot some pool but nothing real exciting. I would have to agree about the text readibility comments as well. I have a 43" HDTV and the phone and the instruction text in the top left (especially that text) are very hard to read sometimes. The mini game execution isn't that great in my opinion either. Its like the tried to make them like real games but just didn't succeed. I liked Saints Row on the 360 better. Wasn't as immersive but much more fun and fast paced. For now I'm going to stick with COD4 and Mario Kart Wii. Just my $0.02

wilytech

Ready to race!
Played for around 2 hours and wasn't that impressed. I bought because of pretty much all perfect 10 reviews. I've never been a fan but I thought I'd give it a shot. Well it was okay for those two hours and then turned it off. Turned it back on today and would not load. Tried multiple times. Erased all my save info and tried again to start a game over. Still didn't work...Going to have to try and swap it at the store I guess. Anyone else have this problem? Everything else works fine

SilentSnake510

Rollin Deep
Played for around 2 hours and wasn't that impressed. I bought because of pretty much all perfect 10 reviews. I've never been a fan but I thought I'd give it a shot. Well it was okay for those two hours and then turned it off. Turned it back on today and would not load. Tried multiple times. Erased all my save info and tried again to start a game over. Still didn't work...Going to have to try and swap it at the store I guess. Anyone else have this problem? Everything else works fine

what system are you playing it on? i know people have been complaining of lockups. i believe the 60 gig ps3's are mostly locking up.... rockstar put up a how to, to fix the problem... http://www.thesixthaxis.com/12_step_guide_to_fixing_gta_iv_news_968_tsa.aspx

Last edited:

wilytech

Ready to race!
Weird...stupid...but thanks for the info. It actually decided it wanted to run again late last night. I saved and quit and if it doesn't work again I'll refer back here

Strmtrpr

Censored
I am just at a loss for anyone that doesnt like it...you just must not like GTA style games....I am on the second island and I am having a blast with just the sing player part of the game.

wilytech

Ready to race!
I am just at a loss for anyone that doesnt like it...you just must not like GTA style games....I am on the second island and I am having a blast with just the sing player part of the game.

Yeah not really my favorite game. I always read the reviews and think 'wow this time it'll be different', buy it, then trade it in or sell it in like a week. I played some more today and it seemed that this one might have some more staying power than the previous ones for me.

crash331

Photographer
Car(s)
2008 GTI BM 4dr 6MT
Yeah not really my favorite game. I always read the reviews and think 'wow this time it'll be different', buy it, then trade it in or sell it in like a week. I played some more today and it seemed that this one might have some more staying power than the previous ones for me.

Just give up on it, man. I always think that with fighting games. I HATE fighting games. Every once in a while one will get a great review and I think "I will have to like this one!".

Play it about 5 mins and get bored.

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
I was never a fan of GTA 1-3 but this game rocks.

The virtual world that Rockstar has created is mind boggling. It is so immersive. The writing, acting and sound is phenomenal. There is so much to see and do. I have only completed 16% of the game and I have 18 hours into it!

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
Brucie must be the best character in video game history! That guy cracks me up. :biggrin:

wilytech

Ready to race!
I've got to admit I've gotten a little sucked in by this game. Not sure what's different about it but I've definitely logged some solid play time in the last few days since I've had it. They've been done for a long time but I liked the Jacob mission set the best. They had the first shootings and stuff in them and everything after the initial is just the same. Actually come to think there was that bank heist one...that was cool too.

Khobin~

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'07 GTI, '97 YZF600R
Bought it on PS3 a few days ago. It's ok...sure it's great with how much more is going on the city, the massive amounts of little details like cars stopping to pick up "ladies of the night", car accidents, the way he goes down stairs vs up stairs, the sheer lack of virtually ANY load times, the ton of radio stations, etc.:thumbsup:

But as others have said, as far as actual gameplay it's a bit rough. The "aim" system pretty much sucks, and the mingames are pretty lame. :thumbdown:

With GTA 3 I could waste hours just riding around on the bikes, and smashing stuff... But perhaps that relates to the biggest difference for me, I'm used to playing GTA on PC. Where the controls were actually intuitive, and it was much easier to get around, so maybe I just have to get to used to using the controller in order to iron out some the roughness. :iono:

Overall I'll hang onto it for a bit...something to bide the time until Fallout 3 and SC 2 finally drop down the pipeline...