GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody a video game junkie?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Maybe some of it's just because Baldurs Gate was the last game I played. It makes Starfield feel soulless in comparison. There's nothing that feels alive in this game. BG3 pulled me in right away. After the first cutscene I was into it.

There's so many annoying things about starfield though. Like the non-functional map when you're on land. Having an oxygen meter that runs out after 20 steps and damages your health slightly every time you start to inhale CO2 is very annoying. Then there's so many loading screens. The game is so split apart that going anywhere requires a loading screen.

Talking to NPCs isn't interesting. The combat isn't very fun and at least at the beginning it has the same problem as fallout where you have to carry 10 different guns because you've picked up 10 different ammos types but only have 20 ammo for each gun. Then every time you're in combat you use all your ammo.

I don't feel like exploring anything in this game. BG3 had me wanting to go everywhere and find everything.

Maybe it gets better when you've unlocked some talents to make some aspects of the game better/easier, but I'm not going to keep playing a game I feel absolutely nothing for.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Maybe some of it's just because Baldurs Gate was the last game I played. It makes Starfield feel soulless in comparison. There's nothing that feels alive in this game. BG3 pulled me in right away. After the first cutscene I was into it.

There's so many annoying things about starfield though. Like the non-functional map when you're on land. Having an oxygen meter that runs out after 20 steps and damages your health slightly every time you start to inhale CO2 is very annoying. Then there's so many loading screens. The game is so split apart that going anywhere requires a loading screen.

Talking to NPCs isn't interesting. The combat isn't very fun and at least at the beginning it has the same problem as fallout where you have to carry 10 different guns because you've picked up 10 different ammos types but only have 20 ammo for each gun. Then every time you're in combat you use all your ammo.

I don't feel like exploring anything in this game. BG3 had me wanting to go everywhere and find everything.

Maybe it gets better when you've unlocked some talents to make some aspects of the game better/easier, but I'm not going to keep playing a game I feel absolutely nothing for.

Summed it up great. BG3 really ruined standards for games.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Summed it up great. BG3 really ruined standards for games.
Microsoft is so dumb. They weren't worried about the game at all. Then it launched and they were like, oh shit...we fucked up and we need to go against the rule we made up for ourselves and get this thing on our consoles. Then there's been the leak about microsoft completely down playing the studio. Now starfield is out and it's made it so obvious how much more effort was put into Baldurs Gate. They hired something like 240 voice actors for BG3. Every voice actors performance was also captured with mo-cap. It made everything feel so much more alive. Then you play starfield and you've got bethesda, owned by microsoft, releasing a game they showed trailers of 5ish years ago, so it's been in development for much longer. They've been able to put so much more money and time into it, but it has no soul.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Bg3 is that good eh? Is it turn based?
Yea, it's turned based. It does the role playing aspects really well. There's enough choices, and they actually matter, that you can direct the story in the way you want it to go. It's a long game and very slow paced, but excellent story telling.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Bg3 is that good eh? Is it turn based?

It can be hard to get into if you're not a fan of DnD ruleset based games. Because that's really what it is, you're playing dungeons and dragons. But the game is fantastic.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
It can be hard to get into if you're not a fan of DnD ruleset based games. Because that's really what it is, you're playing dungeons and dragons. But the game is fantastic.
Might get it after I'm done my dark wizard fetish

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Might get it after I'm done my dark wizard fetish

Dark Wizard fetish, and open to playing BG3?

Oh boy do I have some good news for you...

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Picked up Time Wasters to play while I do cardio on my exercise bike. Lives up to its name, it's basically a modern-day Geometry Wars. Makes 45 minutes go by quick

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Microsoft is so dumb. They weren't worried about the game at all.
They weren't competing with BG3, their creation engine is neat and all but it's 25 years old at this point.

I played like 50 hours of Baldur's Gate in early access, haven't been able to get back into it since it launched. The sense of adventure and surprise is wonderful though.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Played about 30 min or so of the new Forza this morning before heading into work.
Nowhere near long enough to really get a feel for it. But the physics do feel a bit different...I want to say more realistic and less arcade-y.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Played about 30 min or so of the new Forza this morning before heading into work.
Nowhere near long enough to really get a feel for it. But the physics do feel a bit different...I want to say more realistic and less arcade-y.
Their "Motorsport" line of games does lean more towards simulation. Horizon tends to be arcade/controller. New one looks good.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Their "Motorsport" line of games does lean more towards simulation. Horizon tends to be arcade/controller. New one looks good.
100%. From what little I've played, it does seem like they've leaned even more into the simulation physics.
I played FM7 a few days ago, so going from that to FM(8), I could tell a bit of a difference.
Kept understeering for the first few turns lol. Maybe it's all my fault...who knows.
I want to get into a car I'm familiar with and with a track I know with my eyes closed. Then I'll REALLY know.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
No matter how hard I try I can’t enjoy the Horizon games. The handling feel is great but the whole world feels empty and cold and boring. I put thousands of hours in FM6/7 but Horizon games always lose my interest within an hour… for my time the Need For Speed games are more fun. Yeah NFS handling isn’t as close to real as Horizon but it’s just fun in it’s own way.

I’m really looking forward to the new FM game, here’s hoping that the new AI is satisfying to play against as I’m not always in the mood for online play.