GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any issues with being to low?

lomax

Ready to race!
I have my car pretty low, does anyone suffer any issues with vibration? as i think my driveshaft is catching sometimes and maybe it is out of balance now. it is only ever so slight

the pic below is of my car, it is now lower at front a bit.

Cheers lomax

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I'm not that low, but I've never had anything rubbing, besides the little plastic tab on the front fender in hard cornering. Have you taken the wheels off and checked the axle for wear?

lomax

Ready to race!
yeah yesterday when i lowered it more :)

it looks like it has only cought once. i think i have maybe lost a weight with one of the wheels.

Will have to maybe have a further look

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Well, it could very well be that you're too low. The wheel weights are those stick on ones that go on the inside of the rim right? Unless something actually rubbed on those, those weights are pretty durable otherwise. Not like the ones that go on the outside of the rim.

lomax

Ready to race!
yeah i think that maybe the case, i did a 1000 mile trip to a car show being that low and i was fine. it was only recently.

I will check over the wheels etc.

I know overs on hear run this low, maybe they could shed some light

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yeah, they'll be of more assistance possibly. I sometimes wish my car was that low, but the roads around here don't allow it. MD roads are 10x better than IL roads. At least on the eastern shore. (I'm assuming Aberdeen, MD).