GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any chance of converting to an 8 injector Golf R/GTI set-up coming?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I want to throw this out there for our supporters...Is anyone going to figure out how we can convert to an 8 injector set-up like the new Golf R and GTI will have?
I would be interested in knowing what it would take other than the obvious...intake manifold, 4 more injectors, fuel diversion valve of some sort, and tuning.
If this idea requires too much to be realistic...I get it, but just curious if there is any of the aftermarket groups considering the idea...:thumbsup:

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
What is needed beside an intake mani rail, 4 injectors...what type of crossover is needed from the hpfp? And how is the crossover controlled?

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Ideally you want two individual lpfps running off of a surge tank, and an auxillary controller (split second).

If you use the same line as your hpfp feed, you'll experience substantial fuel pressure drops. Basically you want the two systems independent of one another. I'm sure Eurocars will fill in anything else. Then tuning it is another matter entirely.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Listen up kiddies, school is in session.

To add a low pressure auxiliary injection system to your OEM direct injection system requires building a complete, secondary fuel system. You cannot piggyback off of the low pressure side of the stock system because the pressure fluctuations are too great and it would be impossible to tune for by just adding an extra line.

Parts required for the install include an intake manifold suitable for port injection, aux rail/injectors, pressure regulator, fuel supply and return lines, a fuel filter , tach adapter and a controller for the extra injectors. The new pump has to pull from its own supply so you can either use the stock lpfp to feed a surge tank and have two pumps pull from that, each to feed the stock and new aux system or convert to an R32 tank with transfer pump as a feed. The surge tank option is massively easier to pull off.

I learned the hard way that the AEM and 034 aux injection controllers will not work with a DI system to pull signal from the stock injectors to run the auxiliaries because they use a 60v signal instead of a conventional 12v. Split Second makes a controller that uses ignition signal to control the aux injectors but it also requires a tach adapter to convert the signal for the controller. Autometer makes a good unit for that.

I make adapters for the stock LPFP to go to AN -6 fittings so that you can run lines to a surge tank. Don't think anyone else makes these, I developed them for myself and can make some for others if they needed. As far as I know, no one else is running AN fittings off the stock LPFP feed fittings.

initialGTI

Ready to race!
I don't think it would be easy to convert such.

Why not save up for the new car as the engine has much far more advance technology :)

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yes...both the GTI and R do. VW says it is because "better fuel mileage because manifold injection is more efficient at idle and low speeds". But we all know it is due to intake valve build-up....mostly.

I agree...as it sounds to be quite the undertaking for the benefits you gain. I think I will wait and get an R.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
That's a ROW feature, we don't get dual injection in 'murica.

Things might change with the .:R but I doubt it.

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
apple for the teacher