GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

After Intake Install Loud Squeal Noise

09FrostWhiteGTI

09FrostWhiteGTI
Car(s)
2009 Volkswagen GTI
Hello guys I just recently bought a EVOMS V-Flow Intake for my 2009 Volkswagen GTI TSI, and my first impressions are, it sounds really good I could actually hear the turbo spool, and the Stock Diverter Valve make that Blow off Valve sound. But after awhile it started making this loud pitched squeal sound that is super annoying and at first I thought maybe it was a boost or air leak of some sort, or that I didn't put on the intake right, but I checked and everything looked sealed. What do you guys think might make that squealing noise, before my Intake I didn't hear anything at all , it was perfect now after install this annoying noise pops out of nowhere?

Chumleepro3

Baller on a budget
Car(s)
2007 GTI
My neuspeed p flo does that as well at about 3500rpm, it's just the harmonics of the intake

tbar3894

VDUBBN
Car(s)
08 TR GTI
Do you have a boost gauge? Are you boosting normal? Sounds like a going bad or blown DV to me..

Chumleepro3

Baller on a budget
Car(s)
2007 GTI
After rereading, you do mentionthat it started a while after intake install, not with it In that case you should check your dv as suggested

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Harmonic resonance?

09FrostWhiteGTI

09FrostWhiteGTI
Car(s)
2009 Volkswagen GTI
After rereading, you do mentionthat it started a while after intake install, not with it In that case you should check your dv as suggested

I'm sorry I wrote that wrong:lol:. It did that noise right when I installed my intake , and I don't have a boost gauge, but I don't feel any loss on power.

Chumleepro3

Baller on a budget
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Mine sounds like a scream at around 3500 WOT, is yours at a specific rpm for only like a second?

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
Welcome to the world of having an intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sgour

Car(s)
DBP 7.5 R
It is most likely normal noises.

When I installed the Revo intake on mine, it made whistling/squealing noises - sounded like a leak. I done some logging and the car was boosting to normal levels and everything else looked good.