GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A build I am very happy with - got all my info on this forum

unie01

Nice man! Good to see another UG GTI built right.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Don't remember, but are you going to be running any sort of accusump?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Don't remember, but are you going to be running any sort of accusump?

I scratched it for now. Car has been down too long, need to get it back on the road. Duration of project has become ridiculous.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
That really shouldn't be much time to add on, and if you're planning on running the tires you've mentioned I would VERY HIGHLY recommend you not get on track without one.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
That really shouldn't be much time to add on, and if you're planning on running the tires you've mentioned I would VERY HIGHLY recommend you not get on track without one.

Oh man bon qui qui you are killin me..... I will put it back on the list, don't want any oil starvation after all of this.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Just trying to make sure you're doing things right! You really don't want to have any starvation issues with a freshly built engine and all that grip you're gonna have from the good suspension and tires.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Just trying to make sure you're doing things right! You really don't want to have any starvation issues with a freshly built engine and all that grip you're gonna have from the good suspension and tires.

I appreciate your sage advice and experience.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Chris did cutout for shock top and finished up rear brakes today.

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Next up are the tubulars.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
More pics from today.
Firewall blanket goes in and Tubular Front control arms go in. Wrestling with the 034 endlinks not sure if we can use them yet. May actually be too long.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Not using aluminum spindles?

You mean the Passat spindles? Are there any fitment issues?

I will move to them if they don't present any new issues for me along with 2 piece rotors.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
You cant run Passat spindles with 18Z calipers (ask me how I know). You would need TT spindles and either a TT rack to match or an assortment of other VAG parts to make the spindles work with a MKV rack

Thanks for sharing.