GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3D Printer & C.A.D. Thread

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Thanks for the details. I'm learning from scratch. Part of the reason I'm looking is because of the Prime Day deals.

I checked the review of the Anycubic. For the most part...they seem to be pretty good.

Here is one of them.

Its $249 with a $20 off code + free shipping directly from their site.

Last edited:

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Thanks for the details. I'm learning from scratch. Part of the reason I'm looking is because of the Prime Day deals.

I checked the review of the Anycubic. For the most part...they seem to be pretty good.

Here is one of them.

Its $249 with a 20% off code + free shipping directly from their site.
There are some solid YT channels that may cover this.

CHEP
Thomas Sanladerer
Brian Vines
Making Muse
Teaching Tech

All of these are solid channels. I’m willing to bet Thomas Sanladerer has covered the Anycubic at some point. I find him to be pretty objective in his videos, which is nice.

Like I stated before, it’s likely a solid unit, I just know nothing about it. There are tons of Ender clones, it’s an open source printer, but they’re not all created equal.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Any thoughts on this printer? It low cost enough to where if I don't end up using it much...I'm not losing too much.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BK4PLW7V/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3HD8JN8KXNNW5&psc=1

Dis one?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BZ7RQ1W...lectronics&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWw

Any Kubic was on my radar before I got my Elegoo, they are solid machines. Like you I didn’t want to spend a ton of money to try it out to see if it was something I like. Going with a Creality knock off like I did was a bit harder as there is so much more available for the Creality machines and so much more information.

I realized that I really don’t want to to mess with the printer I just want it to work, when I need it to work with very little interference which is why I love my Prusa’s. Unlike cars I don’t really feel the need to modify it, at least for now. I will have a good baseline if I want to tho. The Creality is good in that regard. It’s a solid starting point if you want to make it better.

If you like the i3 style check out Solvol too.

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

Here is one of them.

Its $249 with a $20 off code + free shipping directly from their site.

That girl just graduated 8th grade! She is going places in life and it’s not going to be 3D printing. I’m thinking NASA or next big tech idea. The channel is great.

All the ones mentioned are great plus I like

CNC Kitchen
ModBot

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Lol...I had no idea she was so young. She's super pro.

I might just get one of the Creality ones. It looks like its one of the most common printers and has a lot of user support. The one thing that I saw from the Anycubic is that they use proprietary nozzles. When I looked for them...I really can't find much on them. How often do nozzles need to be replaced?

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I agree on the Creality. If you like tweaking and modding stuff (ahem), then the Ender 3 is a good one to start with. Not that you have to mod it out of the box but we all know we mostly can't leave well enough alone.
Start off with easy silly prints just to whet your appetite. If you really enjoy it you can consider one of the larger more expensive printers down the line.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Lol...I had no idea she was so young. She's super pro.

I might just get one of the Creality ones. It looks like its one of the most common printers and has a lot of user support. The one thing that I saw from the Anycubic is that they use proprietary nozzles. When I looked for them...I really can't find much on them. How often do nozzles need to be replaced?

Yeah looks like it takes a modified E3D volcano style nozzle so you would have to change the heat break to use a more available nozzle.

Brass nozzles can last 6-12 months. Hardened nozzles which are for abrasive materials can last even longer if your printing none abrasive material with it.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
That girl just graduated 8th grade! She is going places in life and it’s not going to be 3D printing. I’m thinking NASA or next big tech idea. The channel is great.

All the ones mentioned are great plus I like

CNC Kitchen
ModBot
I like CNC Kitchen for his content, but he can be super specific on his material sometimes. I like him more for consumption than information. I consider him more of a fringe guy because I can’t apply half of his stuff to my situation but damn is his attention to detail second to none.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I like CNC Kitchen for his content, but he can be super specific on his material sometimes. I like him more for consumption than information. I consider him more of a fringe guy because I can’t apply half of his stuff to my situation but damn is his attention to detail second to none.

Yes he can be. I love all his material testing he does. Really helped me in making stronger prints and choosing the correct material for the task at hand.

Him and Thomas have a podcast I listen to called The Melt Zone. They just had the creator of Marlin on the latest episode.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Yes he can be. I love all his material testing he does. Really helped me in making stronger prints and choosing the correct material for the task at hand.

Him and Thomas have a podcast I listen to called The Melt Zone. They just had the creator of Marlin on the latest episode.
Oh. I’m always looking for new podcasts. Thanks!!

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Another vote for the Creality Ender 3 V2. It's a great starter kit!

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I've never actually printed anything myself, but I have sent a couple of models out to a friend to print for me. No clue what he has (he's a high school art teacher, so they have one in the classroom that they mess around with). This one is my favorite that was printed on some sort of balsa-wood-colored filament.

Original digital project for an art contest:

https://adamavenali.com/projects/13V5L

3D print:

20230712_080309.jpg

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
One thing to note is the 3 has kindof a small bed size. Depending on what you want to do, that can become a factor.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I've never actually printed anything myself, but I have sent a couple of models out to a friend to print for me. No clue what he has (he's a high school art teacher, so they have one in the classroom that they mess around with). This one is my favorite that was printed on some sort of balsa-wood-colored filament.

Original digital project for an art contest:

https://adamavenali.com/projects/13V5L

3D print:

View attachment 285897
That’s a complicated print. Considering, it’s pretty good.